PDA

View Full Version : towbar for r36 (yes r36!)

puppygirl
04-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi just got 58 plate r36 estate which i would like to fit a towbar to (criminal i know!) but it seems difficult to get sense out of anyone including volkswagen whether one can be fitted

Volkswagen say it can tow superbly but they don't do a towbar (factory fit or retro-fit)for it eventhough im told by my local independant garage that there is a volkswagen part number for one!:zx11:

Local garage can source one and electrics (same as 3.2 sel estate) but not sure whether rear bumper has to be severly cut

Wondered if anyone has ever known of a towbar being fitted to a r36 estate?:1zhelp:

Hex69
04-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi just got 58 plate r36 estate which i would like to fit a towbar to (criminal i know!) but it seems difficult to get sense out of anyone including volkswagen whether one can be fitted

Volkswagen say it can tow superbly but they don't do a towbar (factory fit or retro-fit)for it eventhough im told by my local independant garage that there is a volkswagen part number for one!:zx11:

Local garage can source one and electrics (same as 3.2 sel estate) but not sure whether rear bumper has to be severly cut

Wondered if anyone has ever known of a towbar being fitted to a r36 estate?:1zhelp:

Never see a R36 outside of a dealers (!) but what I'd suggest is to get in touch with forum sponsors P F Jones (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=94224) who may be able to help.

PFJones
17-12-2009, 01:34 PM
please give us a ring 08005200478 or 0161 872 4755 we currently got 4 in stock
:biglaugh:

PFJones
17-12-2009, 02:46 PM
oh and yeah ciminal :biglaugh: he he ! you'll have to check with your local dealer to see if the bumper trim is available for your car because there is a big cut on the original if not , hope this helps :approve:

XTR980
12-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Hi

New Member looking for Information.

Has anyone read this thread and actually fitted a Towbar to a R36? and if so did you find the VW Part no. for the lower trim panel? (I believe it is a Kind of Removable Flap)

Cheers