PDA

View Full Version : Finally, I now have enough exhausts!!!

steve1234
02-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Many of you may think this a little sad but ever since picking up my 2.0tdi S-Line (May 2008) I always wanted exhausts on either side!! So here it is, I have finally got round to it!!

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/steve-ParkLane/New%20Exhaust/Exhaust-1.jpg

Plife
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
What make are they? How do they perform? Any droning?

I have one tip each side from Miltek and am seriously considering going back to standard!!

Jop
02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Thats a nice job?
Look's great.

steve1234
02-11-2009, 04:27 PM
They are from a German brand called "Fox". No droning at all with these - not sure if there's really any performance benefits - maybe it spins up a bit more freely but it's marginal.....

Jop
02-11-2009, 04:32 PM
does it sound more "meaty" or purely a visual change?

steve1234
02-11-2009, 04:35 PM
It sounds a bit more "meaty" when pulling away but only briefly, mostly when it's coming on boost. No more noise when cruising though which is just how I wanted it.

Plife
02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Is it a full system?

Mine just drones between 2000 and 3000 rpm on the motorway when you need to accelerate.

steve1234
02-11-2009, 04:53 PM
It's just a back section, so I still have the centre silencer and the cat at the front - fancied removing the cat but that will tend to make it drone a bit and this is my long distance sensible car!!!

rd1
02-11-2009, 09:39 PM
excellent job Steve,
that really makes the car stand out and looks looks classy as well.
It looks like the tips are slightly smaller then the old 61mm ones but IMO that's Ok, too many people convert and go for the huge tips that look all wrong .
What was the cost for the rear box and the new spoiler if you don't mind sharing details.
Roger

steve1234
02-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Cheers,

Actually the tips are exactly the same size as the standard ones that came off the car - just a couple more of them!! I didn't want to go any bigger - might look a bit max powerish!!!

The pipes cost about £450 and the big surprise was the S4 valance, the main bit was only £30 and then the silver bit was about £60.......

Bratty
02-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Pretty sure that manufacturer "FOX" do different Diameters and different styles ie. slash-cut or straight on the quad systems. I think that when my wife allows me some more pocket money I will go for the Quad "slash cut" but with the RIEGER rear valance. But that could be sometime:(.

But must say I like the look you have gone for.

Dunk

didkobandita
03-11-2009, 12:26 AM
looks great Mate.
You have done good job to it.I start thinking to do the same

steve1234
03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Pretty sure that manufacturer "FOX" do different Diameters and different styles ie. slash-cut or straight on the quad systems. I think that when my wife allows me some more pocket money I will go for the Quad "slash cut" but with the RIEGER rear valance. But that could be sometime:(.

But must say I like the look you have gone for.

Dunk

Hi, yes - they do 2 different sizes in the quad exhaust system but I think all are slash cut. These are the smaller of the 2 by the way, I was worried the bigger ones may not fit the valance. They also do large ovals that might look cool.

I like the Rieger rear valance but thought it might look a bit out of place without the rest of their body-kit.....

troc
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
*runs out to buy more exhausts*

:beerchug:

PHPsauce
24-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Many of you may think this a little sad but ever since picking up my 2.0tdi S-Line (May 2008) I always wanted exhausts on either side!! So here it is, I have finally got round to it!!

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/steve-ParkLane/New%20Exhaust/Exhaust-1.jpg

Hi, I thinking of doing this as well. How are they performing 12 months down the line?

steve1234
24-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi - performing well thanks!! They make a little bit more noise when you put your foot down but the rest of the time whilst cruising on motorways etc there is no difference.....

I'm selling it soon though as I now have an S4 Avant as well and have just collected my A1!!!

PHPsauce
24-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi - performing well thanks!! They make a little bit more noise when you put your foot down but the rest of the time whilst cruising on motorways etc there is no difference.....

I'm selling it soon though as I now have an S4 Avant as well and have just collected my A1!!!

We get our A1 in 3 weeks! Wife is very excited after driving one for the first time yesterday. :biglaugh:

steve1234
24-11-2010, 02:22 PM
It's a really cool car - which one are you getting?

I have a massive spec S-Line 1.4TFSi on order but it has been delayed so the dealer offered my a Sport with competition packs inside & out as well - I'll run this for a month or so before the S-Line shows and then think what to do with it!!!

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/steve-ParkLane/A1/DSCF0587.jpg

PHPsauce
25-11-2010, 12:07 AM
We went for the SE as we were told that any other spec would take us through to March. We did spec it highly, but couldn't get heated seats or leather for early delivery.

Dealer said that we had the biggest options list he had ever seen, run out of room on the form.

asiaa4
19-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Hi Steve1234,

Been trawling the forum for info on exactly what you've done...i just got my 2.0T Quattro S-Line and first on the list is quads...so i don't think its sad at all!!

I'm eyeing the S4 valance too but wasn't sure it it'd fit on the S-Line bumper...appreciate if you could share some info on this:

1. Did you have the S-Line bumper with the honeycomb valance?
2. Is it a straight swap or modifications needed?
3. Just 2 parts needed...the main bit and the silver bit?
4. Any chance you have the part numbers?

Thanks in advance...

steve1234
19-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Hi,

Yes, I had the normal s-line bumper with the honeycomb insert. It just clipped out and the S4 one clipped into it's place.

It's made up of just the the 2 bits. Can't remember the part numbers I'm afraid - I'll have a look in my files at work to see if I can find it but doubt it. Otherwise you'll just need an S4 chassis number to give to the dealer (I can help with that if you PM me).

What exhaust are you planning on fitting??

asiaa4
20-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Excellent...i like the rather understated classy look of the S4 valance compared to for eg Reiger's which bit too aggresive for my taste. Now to source the parts (appreciate your offer on that...will see how i go first and get back to you if need be).

Haven't decided on the exhaust yet...i'm also thinking of just the back box (not looking for sound effects) and prefer rounded-off tips like the S4 and ABT (too expensive). Options include Remus (don't like the squared-off tips) and AWE from the US (cat-back though with Milltek-like tips).