PDA

View Full Version : Golf radio

Ben
30-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Can anyone advise how to take the radio out?
It doesn't seem obvious.
Tanks

Eshrules
30-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Can anyone advise how to take the radio out?
It doesn't seem obvious.
Tanks

hiya ben, have you got the removal keys first of all? a small, thin blade of metal?

Ben
30-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi Carl

I believe I may be lacking the afor mentioned equipment.

Are they VW specific or are the generic that can be used on many brands of radio?

Ben

Paul_mkV_golf
01-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Short of using a crowbar you can always use the detailed instructions given on this site http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2480895. It exlains how to fit an i-pod adapter, but you need to get the radio out to install it anyway!

You upgrading your audio?

Paul

Ben
01-05-2007, 02:12 PM
That is an excelent post mate. My head unit is a standard rcd300 with a single cd built in and a 6 disc changer mounted elsewhere. Does this mean i can have the ipod and 6 disc changer at the same time. As you can only use one at a time surely the unit circles through auxilary items in turn?

It would be the only cost effective way to upgrade as a whole new head unit with sat nav screen and dvd is £700 - £1200

Paul_mkV_golf
01-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Hmmm, not entirely sure what the answer is to that one mate :confused: .

If the standard cd player was mp3 compatible anyway we would have to go to these lengths.

Mate at work has a bog standard Citroen c3- his has an mp3 compatible cd player- if they can do it why can't vw? Having said that, my car is a 54plate- don't know if the radios are any different now...

Paul

Ben
03-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Tell me about it.......

my previous car was a fiat and i changed the standard radio for a cd mp3 headunit.

i got all my music in mp3 format on 4 cds.

bags of space.

sold it on ebay for £90 whan i got the golf.

VW.....if only

Ben
07-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Been doing some research, the only way to to the next level basic upgrade at minimal cost is as follows.

Current equiptment.... RCD300 paired to 6disc cd changer in armrest.

upgrade to..... RCD500 (silver buttons) which has 6 disc built in to head unit paired to ipod dock in armrest.

Therefore for sale would be RCD300 and 6 disc armrest changer.

To do upgrade would 1st require raising funds.

Would not attempt myself.

Find buyer for current equiptment, secure funds, do job, send on buyers purchase.