PDA

View Full Version : Volume Controls for NAV, AUDIO, TRAFFIC

xtrojt
31-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Simple question............. how do you change the nav, audio, traffic volumes????

I know you can control the volumes when the nav is speaking or the traffic is on, but I have to rush to change it. Surely there is a control somewhere where you can set it up!

Can anyone help as I am sure im going to crash one of these days when the traffic comes on as loud as as a fighter jet!!!!!! :aargh4:

ledburyloafer
01-11-2009, 02:28 PM
go to the set up menu on the screen and follow the sub menus, is the easiest way to try and describe how to do it!

steev_jo
12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
My CC is going into the dealer on Wednesday to try and fix a related problem.

Try as I might with the set up options I can't persuade the car to a) remember the traffic announcement volume after it's been turned off or b) use the traffic volume I set at all!

All the volume setups live on the small music button at the top right of the unit. Pretty self explanatory - if only they'd work for me!

Any one else have similar issue or am I just lucky?

Cheers

xtrojt
13-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I would be really interested to see what is done, so let us know when you get it back.

I still have the problem of the traffic reports making me jump out of my skin even though I have the volume setting set at min!!!!

I just have not had any time to take it to anyone to look at!

Even though I love the car, I have a short list of issues I want them to look at;

1. Stereo volume problem
2. annoying squeeks from the dashboard
3. rear arm rest does not slide into the recess easily. Has to be wacked in.
4. I have some serious condensation build up in the the car some mornings.

anyone got any of these?

steev_jo
19-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Took the car in
They had it for a day
Needs a new radio unit which is on back order with no due date available

Apparently they have to have the car in to run full diagnostics to prove to VW that they really do need a new radio.

Wasn't a complete loss - they valeted the car while they had it!

More news as and when the back ordered radio turns up.

xtrojt
20-12-2009, 12:05 PM
ahhh sounds like there was an issue then. Let me know what they say the prob was as I have to book mine in for the 10K service next month and am going to give them my shopping list!!!

It decided to switch off by itself the other day and one of my tracks on the HDD froze on FFWD 2 days ago. Think it is giving up the ghost already!

Checked all my presets the other day and they are all on minimum, but I am still jumpining out of my skin on treaffic annocements :-)

Car is covered in snow at the mo & looks cool! Been fun driving it in the snow without a normal handbrake :-)

Focal
27-12-2009, 10:27 PM
I would be really interested to see what is done, so let us know when you get it back.

I still have the problem of the traffic reports making me jump out of my skin even though I have the volume setting set at min!!!!

I just have not had any time to take it to anyone to look at!

Even though I love the car, I have a short list of issues I want them to look at;

1. Stereo volume problem
2. annoying squeeks from the dashboard
3. rear arm rest does not slide into the recess easily. Has to be wacked in.
4. I have some serious condensation build up in the the car some mornings.

anyone got any of these?

I'm experiencing squeaks from the dashboard , mainly the instrument binnacle surround . Slight pressure on the top cures it for a day or so , let me know how you get on .

steev_jo
22-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Well 8 weeks now and I'm still waiting for the replacement radio. Dealer is chasing but VW don't seem to be supplying.

Pretty rubbish support from VW.

xtrojt
23-02-2010, 04:43 PM
steev-jo - I had my CC in for this prob and they said they were going to order another for me for next day (advising this is not kept in stock as is an expensive item!)

Anyway, get a call the following day to say they have resolved the problem by upgrading the firmware and that they do not need to replace the stereo!

The volume problem has gone, so maybe you should ask them to do this and see if it resolves the problem. Unfortunatley they could not tell me what version of the software they upgraded to as apparently they just plug in this cable and dwnld it from germany!

Focal - The dashboard noises are really annoying now and it has been in twice for them to look at. They told me each time they cant hear anything as the noise is intermittent. my experience is exactly like yours. Thinking of starting a thread for this to see if anyone has had the prob resolved so can tell the dealer what to do.

Can anyone help??

steev_jo
18-03-2010, 12:01 AM
My dealer fitted the new 'radio' today to fix the volume problem. The new unit has slightly prettier screens and is considerably quicker scanning SD cards...

...however it still ignores the traffic announcements volume setting!

Didn't get the car back in time to check it before the dealer closed so I'll be on the phone again tomorrow. How difficult can it be?

Sense of humour failure.