PDA

View Full Version : Chorus audio device upgrade

Sumrak
30-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Hello,
I own a Audi A4 B8 with Chorus radio device and a monochrome information screen. I want to upgrade it to Concert. Is it possible to simply exchange the Chrorus device with the Concert one, or do I have to make some additional changes? Please help.

a8 tech
30-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes its possible and I have done this but firstly you need to record the long code then swap the units and ask the dealer to release c/p then recode the radio with the original code.

Sumrak
30-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes its possible and I have done this but firstly you need to record the long code then swap the units and ask the dealer to release c/p then recode the radio with the original code.

So, the Concert unit works well with the monochrome screen and I don't have to replace the screen with the one that is in color?

a8 tech
30-10-2009, 10:41 PM
The screen can be purchased from e bay but in the uk there are no mono chrome specs as all 8K platform have colour display.The radio head unit is the master for the screen so it shoud be fine with mono

Sumrak
30-10-2009, 10:57 PM
The screen can be purchased from e bay but in the uk there are no mono chrome specs as all 8K platform have colour display.The radio head unit is the master for the screen so it shoud be fine with mono
Please be so kind to explain the term "radio head unit". If I buy the color display, can I exchange it with the mono one, or do I need to make additional modifications?

Can someone please confirm if the Concert audio unit works with the monochrome screen?

a8 tech
30-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Radio head unit means the radio itself as the screen plugs into the radio as the radio sends all the output to the screen so the radio stores all information.
For example if telephone is fitted then the radio is coded to display the telephone function on the screen.Concert should work as the screen is just a screen and the coding is stored and executed in the radio. mmi 2g which uses address 07 for screen display functions and gen 3 radio uses address 56 (radio) for the same so all the functions are activated by the radio and sent to the screen to display operating systems to the driver so regardless of the screen type the radio is the controller/master

Sumrak
31-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Today I've seen some pictures of the color display and it seams to me that mine mono display is a little smaller and with lower resolution. Will that be a problem? I mean, will the Concert head unit recognize it correctly and adapt to its resolution?