PDA

View Full Version : Ecotek valve

squinty
30-04-2007, 03:50 PM
have just upgraded my old mk3 golf for a 51 plate a3 would have prefered the s3 new or old but bills have to be paid so was limited to choice. i have always tried to folow the car scene and now i own a car worth altering to how i want it i am looking for information or links to sites to help me to modify my my new car. if any one knows any good sites for car mods i would be grateful.

one of my first ventures is likely to be cheap as i have just spent out for the car i have been lookig on the internet at these "ecotek valves" apparently they help to reduce emmissions and improve mpg i have read a few good things about them but am still dubious! does any one if so how do you rate them and are they worlth the investment.

mrtenpercent
16-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I know this is a bit late but I fitted an Ecotek on a Rover 420 some time ago. Before fitting it was ok, but dull mpg wasnt that good either. Afterwards it was much much better! There was a noticeable power increase which made the car much nicer to drive and mpg was considerably better. As an example, I used to do a regular motorway run and checked it properly by filling before and after the trip at the same petrol ststion. Before the Ecotek was fitted the car did 37 mpg, after wards it did 47 mpg! The Ecotek always made a huge difference on motorways simply because it works more efficiently at higher revs.

It may not make such a big difference to all cars but I would definitely recommend fitting one.

16-02-2008, 06:11 PM
have a gander at this before you decide

http://www.ecotekplc.com/fitting_gtis.htm

regards sticky

P0WERS160
16-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I bought mine on www.rimstyle.com, and would thoroughly recommend it!!! Does exactly what it says on the tin!! The most noticeable change I found was much more responsive acceleration. :biglaugh: