PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf 2004 New model electrical issues

barticas
31-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi

Has anybody been experiencing problems with the electric windows winding themselves down when the car is left locked?

We have just purchased a Gold GT2.0 TDI 3-door and have the problem twice since purchase on saturday :-(

Cheers

Simon

StevieT
10-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi

Has anybody been experiencing problems with the electric windows winding themselves down when the car is left locked?

We have just purchased a Gold GT2.0 TDI 3-door and have the problem twice since purchase on saturday :-(

Cheers

Simon

I've had my car, a golf Mk5 2.0 GT FSI, for two weeks now and i have had the same problem on two occasions. I locked the car and left it overnight to find that in the morning the windows had wound themselves down. Does anyone know why this is happening ? I phoned the dealer and they said they have a look at it. Will the resulting work be done under warranty ? I forgot to ask the dealer.

Steve

barticas
11-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi Steve

My dealer were really helpful in sorting this out under warranty (remember your sale of good act clause 'satisfactory quality')...but possibly because I know the showroom manager :-/

They did quite alot of extensive research and found a bug with a module known as the 'convenience control device' which needed replacing.

Hope this helps!

Simon

Alastair McFarlane
28-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Just a note to say thanks for the useful posting on this. I parked my car last Friday Nov 24 2006, put the visitors parking permit on the dashboard and came back to find the windows down (both sides) and the permit upside down in the passenger footwell - it was a windy and wet day. Not impressed. Further unimpressed by the £30 parking ticket affixed to the windscreen.:zx11: :zx11: Should this not be subject to a recall notice? It had actually happened once before on the drive at home but I thought it was maybe the kids messing about. Have booked into main dealer for "convenience bug" to be investigated...
Otherwise the car is pretty awesome - loads of torque and gr8 fuel economy. I love it!

adamss24
28-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Looks like a faulty door switch by the looks of it. There were somme security issues with mk4 golfs as thiefs used o break into them without no signs of forced entrance. Vw had to redesign some of the features on the central locking. Go and ask the dealer if there was a recall on your model. Good luck.

Alastair McFarlane
28-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Will do & thank u.

chatsworth
08-04-2007, 05:16 PM
The problem with windows winding down when left over night

i had this and the Vw garage corrected the remote switch under warrenty

i expressed my concern that this happened randomly and was lucky that the car or any of the contants were not stolen
No problem to report since
VW seemed aware