PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Faulty - what bits need to be replaced?

ChillOut
30-04-2007, 02:03 PM
2004/5 B5 Passat 130TDi.

Any advice of the minimum components that should be replaced if I have suffered bad clutch judder for 10-15K miles?

Don't know what the cause is yet, but VW agree its faulty and will be changed under warranty. It could be flywheel or contaminated plate by oil leak, or something else!

But I am concerned that they may not replace connected components that may have been damaged by the problem.

Any advice on what would be reasonable to insist upon?

gresty
30-04-2007, 08:45 PM
With it being under warranty, stamp your feet! It could be contamination due to oil leak, or friction plate warped and same goes for the pressure plate. Fly wheel may be shot? Who knows? Get all the bits changed.

shooey88
30-04-2007, 09:18 PM
have you had the recall.....having the clutch cover plate fitted on the gearbox...this was done to stop water dripping into bell housing casuing damage to clutch and flywheel..

ChillOut
01-05-2007, 08:42 AM
have you had the recall.....having the clutch cover plate fitted on the gearbox...this was done to stop water dripping into bell housing casuing damage to clutch and flywheel..

Yes I recall (npi) this was done quite some time ago. Either too late or I have another fault.

ChillOut
14-05-2007, 08:33 PM
With it being under warranty, stamp your feet! It could be contamination due to oil leak, or friction plate warped and same goes for the pressure plate. Fly wheel may be shot? Who knows? Get all the bits changed.

Well, they say worn out (at 40K!) and because of the slipping, the flywheel is high spotted by overheating too. I don't buy it really, I think the fault was manufacturing and the overheating and wear came as a result, but as the lease company's paying I am not going to argue.