PDA

View Full Version : Creaking Noise from Front of Car

wheela33
29-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi all, I started getting this creaking noise recently on my car. It happens when I'm at low speed ie when moving from standstill or coming to a halt? Has anyone experienced this? I'm gathering its something to do with the suspension.

djsoftware
29-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Are you moving the steering wheel at the same time ? There has been a few threads on the issue of a creaky steering wheel which I had and could only hear at low speed. It was all easily rectified by spraying some lubricant on the universal joint (in the footwell) and working it in - just an idea.

PAPPA
29-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Same is happening on my '98 20V. Front drivers side....and only when driving very slowly. Tried spraying the steering wheel UJ, but no joy. Must be dry ball joints? May spray these as well...what spray is recommended? WD40?

richvw2000
29-10-2009, 10:24 PM
mine creaks and knocks its a 99 estate. been told its the top mounts on the front strutts

calum
30-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi , another possibility is the subframe bolts have loosened off , there have been two revisions to the bolts and washers for the subframe because they slackened off . The new bolte are grooved , hope this helps , Calum .