PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Newbie 5 pot injection issue

lawsy5pot
29-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi guys

sorry to start my first post with a 'help'

but I've got the 2.0 5pot injection engine and up till last nigth it was running well..

came out of work, turned the key, fired up as normal, idled for a minute then as i set off it died and WOULD NOT restart

it just turned and turned...

left for a minute and it would fire, turn over and die..

after about 3/4 hour of the same thing it eventually fired up and idled, i let it idle for a couple ofminutes, then it drove the 20 mile shome without an issue..

I had the same thing this morning - started first turn, ran for a short while, so went to set off, just as pulling off the driveway, it died again, then would not restart - i had the same issues as last night, - wleave for 30sec and it would fire up, then die...

I didnt have time to keep doing this this morning so jumped in the TDI and drove to work...

I've only had the car a week and its my first venture into the world of the VW Audi 5 pot Injections...

any help before i get really anoyed will be appreciated, the car isnt an audi tho.. please dont boo me, its the VW santana and there isnt anywhere dedicated to them, and as its the same engine I'm appealing to you guys for help

thanks
Steve

zollaf
02-11-2009, 08:41 PM
have you had any luck with this yet?

scotty33
19-12-2009, 09:59 PM
My brother had this with a 2.0 5 pot Audi 90, it was the fuel pump relay. BTW the replacement he got was for a 4 cylinder car, he ended up with a rev limiter working at approx 5000rpm!

I had the same problem with a 4 cyl 1.8 K- jet car. Mine seemed to be able to 'reset' if the relay were unplugged then plugged back in, gets a bit tedious in the end...