PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi A4 2.0 FSI EPC Warning Light/Engine Cuts Out

fairyliquidizer
28-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi,

During the summer I went on a long journey and the engine lost power, the EPC warning light came on, and then it cut out. It wouldn't restart. I called out the breakdown dude, it started just before he arrived, he towed it to Audi garage anyway, tested the VAG results, and found no errors.

Next day, long journey, same thing.

The car then behaved until tonight... long journey, traffic jam caused by rubber neckers, EPC warning light, cuts out. Wont start. Call breakdown. Wait 5 mins. Try again. Starts, cancel breakdown. Drive 15 minutes and repeat (this time without calling breakdown).

Direct line now tell me they wont cover a repeating fault and I'm annoyed. I just spent a fortune on new timing belt, and various other minor parts and labour at Audi last week.

Will they be able to help or tut and do nothing again? Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? I'm tempted to trade in for a Toyota :D

Love,
Mr Grumpy :biglaugh:

PS- Sorry this should be in the 2003 area!

jonrtait
25-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Did you ever manage to get a solution to this? The same has been happening to my 2.0 Fsi now for over a year - seems to be worse when it's warm weather... like today...

Have had three sensors replaced - two fuel pressure and one coolant - but it's still happening.

At my wits end with the car.

scotty11
30-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Did you ever find out what was the problem with your EPC warning light? I was just driving down an A road then EPC warning light came on then the car cut out, now it won't re start
thanks for your help