PDA

View Full Version : 18 inch,old rs4 80 coupe ,,,,yes or no?

fourringsrus
28-10-2009, 09:25 PM
I have 1995 audi 80 coupe 2.6 v6 sport in silver and would desperately like to see her riding on old style 18 inch rs4 rims,she is currently sitting on wolfrace 17 inch with 215 45 tyres in good order,but not really my taste.
All the 18/rs4s I see advertised have 5 stud configuration,I cant afford big new prices and I dont really want to fork out on re-furb on the rims that I dont like very much.
Anybody in Kent(ashford area) got any ideas?
Many thanks
Stuart;)

fourringsrus
28-10-2009, 11:46 PM
actually s/line or old style rs6 would probably look quite nice aswell
Stuart

shark_90
29-10-2009, 12:09 PM
It won't happen for you I'm afraid, you're 4x108 stud pattern and the wheel you're thinking of are 5x112.

fourringsrus
29-10-2009, 07:04 PM
hey shark, I know this but I have seen this style,obviously an alloy wheel replica after market product etc,but wondered if anybody knew of a set laying around,looking for a good home,or going cheap.
All the same thankyou for your response,it is appreciated
Stuart

tommivercetti
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Guys,

I was looking for the same for my cabby. Although some of you have mentioned that due to the Late Audi Cabriolet being 4 stud, Rs4 wheels etc won't fit..... If you speak to a company called "Wheelbase" in Chadderton near Oldham, they have some replica RS4 and RS8 wheels that do fit!!
They sometimes have wheels advertised on Ebay.

OOOO80
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
theres a set on ebay for a "buy it now" £225, without tyres, type in audi 80 alloys:D

fourringsrus
03-11-2009, 10:19 PM
just had a look at the e bay 18" rs4 rims and they are et 35 is this the right set up for my car and would i have to do anything to my suspension to avoid rubbing etc
thanks boys
Stuart

OOOO80
04-11-2009, 08:00 PM
well, my wheels are off a ford, they are 17x7 with a 35mm offset (ET)and they fit spot on, with about an 1 inch and 3/4 gap between the wheel and strut, and theres plenty of room to the outer arch too, hope this helps, if in doubt contact a wheel supplier and tell them the sizes of the wheel and they can tell you Yes or No! ;)

fourringsrus
04-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Well good evening gang,how about this for a potential luck.
Today while delivering a jcb, I spotted what looked like a bit of a shed/project in a rather overgrown garden next to the site.
It was a 1994 L 80 convertible 2.3 in dark green with,guess what.......yes,18" rs4 rims, after chatting to the boys on site ,it turned out that this motor has not moved during the 2 years
that they have been working there,but quite a few people had shown an interest in the wheels and been turned away by the owner.
Well ever the the optimist I decided to knock on the door myself,and spoke to the Lady of the house who confirmed what I had been told,but when I said I was prepared to buy the whole car, rather than stripping it on her driveway , she asked for my phone number.
Now I have no idea why its been parked up for so long, or even if its a runner,but if I manage to buy it then it might be a restore/re-build,..now that could keep me busy for a couple of years.
What should I be prepared to pay assuming the following,.
Rear screen smashed,
All 4 tyres side wall perished
Offside front flasher/fog lamp missing
Presumably no tax, no mot and god knows what ever else.
Im thinking that if it was all running , tested average mileage etc its in the £800 to £1500 area, but in its current state somewhere in the region of £300 tops.
What are your opinions guys?
Stuart

Jonnovision
09-11-2009, 09:03 PM
I'd be interested in knowing about the 18" wheels on an 80 coupe too. Specifically, I want to know that if I fit 18" wheels, can I still drop the ride height 40mm on standard shocks, or would I have to fit uprated shocks in addition to the 40mm lowered springs in order to avoid rubbing within the arch??