PDA

View Full Version : Polo - passenger side window

Toony_187
29-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi evryone, I've got a 3dr polo 98 and the front passenger side electrical window doesn't work, the drivers side works fine. The switches have been checked. The window was working fine and then the car was parked up for a while and the window stopped working and since then worked once but never again! :S Anybody got any ideas? Any help is appreciated, cheers!

Huweth
30-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Dodgy connection? Could be rusted? Your best bet will probably be to get the door panel off and have a look around. If you can use a multimeter check that power is being supplied to the motor when you press the switch. Does it make any noises when you try to use it (and from where), or is it completely dead?

gary1
30-04-2007, 11:50 AM
if you undo the clamps that hold the glass (10mmbolt) prise the clamp apart you may be able to see if the motor is working sometimes the glass gets jamed at the top of the door if you need any advice give me a shout

shooey88
30-04-2007, 09:29 PM
check the wiring inbetween the door and a pillar..just pull the rubber grommit back n u mite find the wiring broken. let us know what u find

bigfilly
05-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I have a similar problem with my drivers side electric window, everytime it goes down it is fine however when i try and bring it back up sometimes it will work and other times it gets about 10cms away from the top then stops and goes down a little bit and i have to hold my finger on the switch to get it to the top but it goes really slowly. If anyone knows what could be wrong it would be much appreciated.

gary1
05-05-2007, 09:15 PM
the motor could be on its way out but before that take the panel off not sure what car you have may just need some slight ajustment and a spray of wd if it still drops down let me know and i ll talk you through the reset of the window (has the window been broken)

bigfilly
06-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Cheers bud. The window isn't broken no but you may be right with the motor being on it's way out. The drivers side is much slower than the passenger side. Any ideas of how much I'm looking at if it the motor??