PDA

View Full Version : Beep... Beep Beep...

73kingstonroad
27-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Hi guys...

Can someone with VAG.COM have a look and see if this can be done.
I have the first part enabled (Beep), but I'm after the second (Beep Beep).

Enabling/disabling doors locked/alarm armed sound: It is possible to enable the beep the car makes when locking doors in European models and likely to disable the beep in U.S. models that beep by default (and vice-versa of course). Just make sure you have the latest VCDS/VAG-COM updates installed and check/uncheck the checkbox Anti-Theft-System: Horn Confirmation active in 46 Central Conv., Long Coding, Byte 01, Bit 2. This may require that factory alarm is installed on the car.

According to an unconfirmed post at motor-talk.de (http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/codie...3.html?page=57), one can also enable opening dual beeps in addition to a closing beep. The instructions are: "Komfortsystem (Adresse 46) / Anpassung / Zentralverriegelung Funktionen -> zum eingetragenen Wert +4 addieren" which translates to "Comfort System (address 46) / adjust / add central functions -> to the registered value +4".

Martin

pitch3110
27-10-2009, 12:29 AM
my microware does that.........................

ScottyUK
27-10-2009, 12:33 AM
I might get time to have a play tomorrow but I won't be keeping that on. I don't see the benefit at all. One beep to confirm closure is all I need. ;)

73kingstonroad
27-10-2009, 12:41 AM
I might get time to have a play tomorrow but I won't be keeping that on. I don't see the benefit at all. One beep to confirm closure is all I need. ;)

Cheers...

Martin