PDA

View Full Version : A8 Blutooth retrofit kit

Paule2009
26-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I have a 2004 Audi A8 and I was just wondering if there is a genuine Audi bluetooth phone kit available. My car has MMI and GSM phone preperation (phone in cradle). I was just wondering if anyone knows the part numbers (as the main dealer I phoned was useless) and cost etc?

Also would I need an MMI update?

PAul

a8 tech
26-10-2009, 08:24 PM
So you have audi phone sim card handset and you require sap bluetooth

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p556_Bluetooth-Handsfree-w--SDS--Retrofit--Audi-A8-4E--Bluetooth-Only.html

mmi final release update http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-MMI-HIGH-Firmware-update-3CDs-5570-GENUINE-SET_W0QQitemZ220499345177QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3356c8ff19

shark_90
26-10-2009, 08:45 PM
It's a very expensive way of doing it. The other way would be to have a Dension Gateway 500 fitted along with the BTA1500 Bluetooth adapter. All this integrates with the MMI and you'd also get full iPod/USB integration as well as the Bluetooth! It would be just over half the price of buying the Audi kit.

I'm a Dension dealer so if you need any information or a quote for supply and/or fitting just let me know.

john14335
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Paul

Best advice I can give you is to take your car to Craig Barnes in Manchester (TCL Satnav) - I left mine with him today + got the bluetooth, AMI + satnav sorted for less than a third of what my dealer quoted me + all was done in less than 3 hours (icluding the MMI upgrade). His price also significantly less than most of the retrofit outfits.

hdouglas
31-12-2009, 12:38 PM
I went down the Dension BTA1500 route to link wiht my iphone. The Dension Gateway which I have had for a couple of years is brilliant, sadly I can't say the same for the iphone option. But it only costs about £60 so you get what you pay for. The issue with it, is that the integration is not complete, it is supplied with a separate microphone which needs to be wired in. What I was looking for was something which would utilise the mics already in the car for the original audi phone prep.
I guess the moral is you get what you pay for.

Micha_elD
02-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Agree with the comments above re. CraigyB, he has built a very good reputation.

If anyone is thinking of doing the MMI update themselves, its only about £3.50 from a main Audi dealer, but do plenty of research before making your decision, this is a firmware update, so there are some risks.

Incaripod
14-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi There.

If you have the Audi MMI High Full Colour Navigation System 2nd Gen

ICD's latest Interface range enables you to intergate and control a mobile phone from an OE system via Bluetooth Technology:

Features:

Integrate & Control mobile phone through OE System
Automatic Radio Muting when a call is received
Incoming call audio through vehicles speaker system
SMS Reading if supported by Mobile phone
External microphone with adjustment through head unit
Updatable Parrot chipset for high phone compatibility
A2DP audi streaming via CD Changer emulation (subject to spec)

Audi (2004 > ON)

A4, A5, A6, A8, Q7

MMI High Navigation - 2nd Generation
http://www.incaripod.com/Brand/ICD_Bluetooth_Carkit/ICD-BLU1

Hope this helps

Thanks

In Car iPod

MrSchumi
23-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Hi All
Is it at all possible to fit a bluetooth kit to an A8 D2

I'm trying to solve to problem of bad phone reception in the car

Any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

John

philsayer
31-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm in a similar position... frustratingly, the OE cradle and wiring sits there, unused, in all its glory, and you'd think a simple adapter (or replacement cradle) would enable use of an iPhone. (Assuming you'd only expect it to work as a phone, not a music player.)

But apparently, this doesn't exist. Grrrr....

I considered the options and because I'm not a regular in-car phone user, settled for a simple Bluetooth headset.

I notice the phone signal in the car is poor unless I open a window. I suspect the A8 has heat-reflective glass, which I'm led to believe reflects ALL radiation, including phone transmissions. That's another reason why I'd like to use what Audi fitted originally - I guess the cradle is wired to an external or in-glass aerial of some description.

Is it still the case that no-one has devised an adaptor or released a replacement cradle for iPhone?

Wifey has a Parrot Bluetooth in her A4 Cab (which has colour-screen MMI - the weird one that plays mp3 files from memory cards) that plugs into the iPhone. It's awful, quite frankly - plays iPhone music in mono and the handsfree is dire, too.