PDA

View Full Version : 1st Post, Wheel sensor help please!

lee woodhams
24-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Hello everyone.

Trying to get the Front R/H side wheel sensor off the car, because i need to change the bearing. Got everything off apart from the wheel sensor plug.

Is it behind the grommit in the upper wing? The car's done "afew" miles so the cars maybe got abit of underseal over the grommit, so it looks like it don't come out, should i ease the underseal off and turn the grommit 90 deg, and pull it, like on BMW's etc.

Cheers guys, Thanks for your help.

Lee

caldirun
25-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Hello everyone.

Trying to get the Front R/H side wheel sensor off the car, because i need to change the bearing. Got everything off apart from the wheel sensor plug.

Is it behind the grommit in the upper wing? The car's done "afew" miles so the cars maybe got abit of underseal over the grommit, so it looks like it don't come out, should i ease the underseal off and turn the grommit 90 deg, and pull it, like on BMW's etc.

Lee
Take the sensor out of the hub!
Remove the disc shield and pull the rubber cover up, use a spanner on the flats to rock the sensor and ease it out (spray it when the cover is lifted to help it out of the spring sleeve).

kenney
25-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Hello everyone.

Lee
That is correct,you can try as caldirun stated but usually you can not remove the sensor from the hub,without destroying it,

lee woodhams
25-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Hello,

Thank you for your replys, but it's not the sensor i'm having problems with, i've got the senosr out of the hub fine no problem. As i said in my first post, it's the plug on the wire i'm looking for.

Is it behind the grommit on the upper wing?

Thanks again for reading my post.

Lee

kenney
25-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Yes

caldirun
25-10-2009, 01:03 PM
That is correct,you can try as caldirun stated but usually you can not remove the sensor from the hub,without destroying it,
Is this why you need to unplug it Lee?

lee woodhams
25-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Ok all done,

Need to change the wheel bearing, so removing the whole hub is easier.

Got the sensor out the hud no problem, and now with the help of another website i've sorted the plug which was behind the grommit on the wing.

Just pressing the new bearing in tomorrow and she'll be back on the road.

Lee