PDA

View Full Version : My new Passat CC GT

xtrojt
23-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi all

Just joined the site & thought I would share my new car with you all. Got it a week ago and after waiting nervously for the island grey colour I was pleasently surprised when it arrived on a nice sunny day.

I have not seen any island grey ones since I ordered it, but am so glad i chose this colour now. Wanted black, but the company i work for would not allow it.

Thought I would share some pics of the colour for anyone looking to buy one as i struggled to find good pics.

Jason

eob
23-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Howdy,
welcome to the section. :beerchug:
Nice colour BTW.
I see you have the sunroof fitted. Any pictures from inside?

xtrojt
23-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Hi there

Have been on the site and read a few of the threads before joining.

I did get the sunroof. I bought an ex-demo as I was looking for a selection of specific extras on a budget. The sunroof makes a big difference even though it is frustrating you cannot open it fully!!!

I have a 140BHP + Parking sensors, park assit, electric mirrors, half leather, heated seats, sat nav, media system etc

More pics below. What have you got?

JT

eob
23-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Whoa.:eek: That is some spec list. :fing02: Fully loaded.

Mines is a 170 GT, but see my other posts R.E. lack of cruise control and parking sensors.:zx11:
It's a company car lease so I had to take whatever was available at the time. I had wanted a S Line A4 but it was just outside my allowance and the SE did not appeal to me. The CC is a much better looking car anyway.

Sorting it out though, it's going in to get cruise control and parking sensors retrofitted although they won't be the optical system that you have.
I'm also getting bluetooth handsfree fitted.

alistairr
25-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Why on earth would your company not let you have black? Dose it look too much like a pimp’s car in black?:bandit: I hope not, mines on order ………black and booked in for retrofit tints as not GT spec. Island grey looks lovely though.

xtrojt
25-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Haha I tried to get a response to that and in not so many words I got the idea it was down to the fact that it gets dirty easily!!! They seem to apply the same rules to sales as to the enginerring workforce!

No worries though as am well chuffed with island grey!

Good move getting retro fitted tinted glass. Have seen it on a black CC and it sets the car off peerfectly! You wo'nt be disappointed!

Get any other extras?

JT

eob
25-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Just a word on the tints.
It looks stunning but the OEM tint is quite dark and I think in part due to the narrow windows it does make the cabin quite dark too.
Last night driving in the dark while it was raining hard the lights on the cars behind were very dim. And also the electrochromatic rear view light was constantly dipped because the light coming through the windscreen was brighter than the rear. I had to turn it off eventually.
Going to have to have my wits about me on the daily evening commute. :rolleyes:

reprosteve
26-10-2009, 07:42 AM
I like the Sun Roof
:approve:

alistairr
29-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Good move getting retro fitted tinted glass. Have seen it on a black CC and it sets the car off peerfectly! You wo'nt be disappointed!

Get any other extras?

JT

I also got the built in phone where the key pad comes out of the dash. sooooo smooth. No other extras though. Thinking about retro fit cruse control as EOB getting his done for only £150. Over three years that works out at only 15p per day which I think is a good deal.

markbarth
29-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Nice pictures of the Island grey CC, the colours in the brochure do not do it justice at all and that is why I went for black, now I wish I had gone for the Island Grey...Doh!:zx11:

My CC is on order, due in about a month. Am I correct in thinking that the telephone kit not only allows you to use the keypad that pops out of the dash but also the touchscreen radio, and if so why did they bother fitting the pop out keypad??:confused:

Waiting patiently for arrival day.

ledburyloafer
29-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Nice pictures of the Island grey CC, the colours in the brochure do not do it justice at all and that is why I went for black, now I wish I had gone for the Island Grey...Doh!:zx11:

My CC is on order, due in about a month. Am I correct in thinking that the telephone kit not only allows you to use the keypad that pops out of the dash but also the touchscreen radio, and if so why did they bother fitting the pop out keypad??:confused:

Waiting patiently for arrival day.

it's easier than fiddling about with the touch screen. The touch screen you have to look a, you can use teh key pad by feel and still drive;)

mark381
30-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi, car looks great, I was torn between black, island grey and reflex silver, went with silver due to the easier maintenance. Just a question, I have ordered the premium bluetooth with the pop up keypad, and was interested in what phone you have to connect to it, and whether you had any problems connecting/ accessing your phonebook? I currently have a nokia 6300 which is on the approved list so am hoping all will go well.

eob
30-10-2009, 10:13 AM
The keypad is part of the premium kit. The premium is effectivly a GSM phone fitted to the car which 'steals' your phone sim identity. It also has it's own gsm antenna. Cars with this kit fitted are identifable by the shark fin antenna on the roof.
This kit also has issues with handset compatability. I think some handsets do not allow the sim identity to be transmitted over bluetooth. Or something like that.

xtrojt
31-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I wanted to get the bluetooth prep kit, but was told that the vw one was very limited to the types of phones that could connect to it! I dont have anything at the mo and it is a pain! :zx11: My company is due to install a cheap aftermarket kit (Nokia CK300) soon.

EOB, I have the shark fin on the roof, but do not have the bluetooth fitted. i thought it was linked to the sat nav unit I have (RNS 510).

I have noticed i have a button is settings that says ' Bluetooth Audio'. Does anyone know how this works and if you can use it if you don't have the bluetooth prep? :confused:

eob
01-11-2009, 12:13 AM
I wanted to get the bluetooth prep kit, but was told that the vw one was very limited to the types of phones that could connect to it! I dont have anything at the mo and it is a pain! :zx11: My company is due to install a cheap aftermarket kit (Nokia CK300) soon.

EOB, I have the shark fin on the roof, but do not have the bluetooth fitted. i thought it was linked to the sat nav unit I have (RNS 510).

I have noticed i have a button is settings that says ' Bluetooth Audio'. Does anyone know how this works and if you can use it if you don't have the bluetooth prep? :confused:

I always though that the sharkfin was for GSM. The GPS module is generally located on the dash.
Out of interest have you tried searching for bluetooth devices with the ignition on?
When I was researching my bluetooth kit, I read that the Americans get the low prep bluetooth as standard (I think it is law in some states now) and with a few tweaks on VAG.COM can enable full functionality.
I got excited when I saw that I had the Bluetooth Audio option but it didn't seem to do anything. Havn't tried it since I installed bluetooth TBH.