PDA

View Full Version : Car Kit, Bose, Concert

Quattros
22-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi guys, can anone please tell me if i need any extra leads or not to connect my aftermarket bluetooth kit to my audi 1999 A4 concert wth full Bose, so i can get the sound out of the front speakers.

it sound easy enough...
here is my phone kit

http://www.egohandsfree.com/images/stories/Manuals/EGO-LOOK-MAN-US.pdf

it is standard iso connectors to connect to my concert system.

i have tried to connect audio out from the kit (green and purple) to the tel+ and tel-

no sound at all..

alot of people are telling me that all i need is the lead from the 10 plug, which has the tel+ and tel-, thats all.

my audi has bose setup and uses the mini 20 pin iso connector, to route speakers to the amp.

i have also been into the radio menu, (power on with TP pressed) and adjusted all the volumes to 5 or 6.. in the GALA settings, i was told this mode could enable the telephone function, but sems its not for that.

i have been told that to route the sound through the front speakers, i will have to but an additional lead that allows the signal to pass through the amp and to the seakers.??

id really appreciate if anyone can shed light on this..
i have been searching the net for few days.. some people (mainly usa) have got sound through tel+, tel-. Most with non bose seem to do fine.

thanks for reading...

kind regards..

Quattros
25-10-2009, 04:45 PM
anybody?

adamss24
25-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi, i think you need to code the Bose stereo/head unit so it will support tel. functions. You can specify from wich speaker the sound will come: RH Speaker or LH Speaker. You need vag-com for that...

Quattros
26-10-2009, 12:43 AM
any pointers on how to code this?

adamss24
26-10-2009, 03:35 AM
You need to change the coding of the stereo. Do a google search on wikipedia or see ross-tech website. If you have the latest VCDS(new vag-com) then it will give you some pointers as to how to code the unit. I could have a look on me own car but i have to put me old concert back on as i have a Blaupunkt mp3 player now on the car...