PDA

View Full Version : Technical Info for Bora TDi 130

TDiBoraSam
28-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Hello all,

After several years of owning Citroens I have converted to VW, and recently bought a Bora TDi 130 on a 53 plate. I have to say I'm very impressed with it.
Being new to Volkswagen I would be grateful if anyone could tell me where I can find any technical manuals and also any diagrams of what's where under the bonnet.
I intend to do some routine, basic stuff myself such as between service oil change, air filter changes etc. There seems to be a lot of posts on various forums about what is the correct oil for the TDi PD engine, again I would appreciate some help on this.
Also, I would specifically like to know where the intercooler is! I'm very familiar with Citroen diesel engines, but VW is a whole new world to me, so any help would be much appreciated! :-)

Swanny130
01-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi, good choice! I would imagine everything you need to know is in a haynes manual, I've never struggled to find anything info in mine, I have a golf with the same engine, I recently removed the intercooler, if you stand in front facing the front of the car it's situated to the far bottom left just next to the radiator, you can see it through the small plastic grill. Why do you need to get at it? You will ave to remove the bumper and right headlight unit to get it out

Swanny

TDiBoraSam
06-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll invest in a Haynes manual.

I want to get at the intercooler because over time they fill with oily sludge, and I wanted to give it a good clean out, however if it involves a lot of work just to get at it I don't think I'll bother!

dubeagle
06-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I boughtthe Haynes manual from Halfords GPB 18.99 (ouch) covers Golf and Bora 2001-2003 petrol and diesel. ISBN 1 84425 169 1. Hard to get hold of. Pretty comprehensive, covers most things an owner is likely to want to tackle, B&W pics not as clear as I would like.

VW stipulate the Long Life oil VW506 00 (20,000mile) for my GT TD1 130 PD, which I would guess is the same for yours. Expensive around GBP 45 for 4 litres. VW warn against using any other.

The intercooler looks like it sits in the inner wing, ahead of the front offside roadwheel and adjacent to the sump.

guyg
07-05-2007, 07:57 AM
I would be grateful if anyone could tell me where I can find any technical manuals

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petrol-Diesel-Service-Repair-Manual/dp/1844251691