PDA

View Full Version : Inside door grab handle

redadair
28-04-2007, 06:50 PM
After discovering this website a few months ago, I have found it a very useful source of information.
I am on my second A6 (2003 1.9 TDI SE) after previously owning a 1998 1.8T SE. I have always been impressed with the build quality, the 1.8T SE having covered 150k without so much as a rattle or a squeak!
One thing I noticed recently though on the 1.9TDI, was what appeared to be the trim around the grab handle, on the occasionally used passenger door has started to peel away. This has exposed a rather cheap looking plastic layer. Much to my surprise I discovered the following thread posted in December 2006 which describes a similar problem with VW and Seat:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3489&highlight=interior+door+handle

Is this a common problem? It makes what is a fine interior in all other respects, a little shabby and reminds me of Renaults rather than an Audi. Are they easy to replace? Is it worth going back to the main dealer? Any comments would be welcome.

VtecJunkie
02-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Bump! Mine is exactly how you describe.. I wish i could find repalcements or some kind of paint i could re-finish it with then my interior would be perfect. Any insight guys?