PDA

View Full Version : My New CC

alistairr
21-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I have a Black 2.0 59 plate CC on order and would love to know the answers to the following. 1) in the non GT spec cc do you get tinted windows as standard. 2) with the rcd 510 which i understand it comes with dose it have the pre recorded traffic thing. 3) i know it has auto wipers but it doesn’t say anywhere if it has auto lights. 4) if it has auto lights do they do that thing where they stay on after the car is turned off.

Thanks in advance. I’m sooooooooo excited three weeks to go...:biglaugh:

eob
21-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I have a Black 2.0 59 plate CC on order and would love to know the answers to the following. 1) in the non GT spec cc do you get tinted windows as standard. 2) with the rcd 510 which i understand it comes with dose it have the pre recorded traffic thing. 3) i know it has auto wipers but it doesn’t say anywhere if it has auto lights. 4) if it has auto lights do they do that thing where they stay on after the car is turned off.

Thanks in advance. I’m sooooooooo excited three weeks to go...:biglaugh:

Congrats, you won't be dissapointed!
In answer to your queries:
1) Non GT cars do not come with tints.
2) Apparently so but I havn't played with this yet. I can confirm that a 16Gb SDHC card works fine, access is almost as quick as a Data CD.
3) Auto lights are standard. I think they share the same sensor.
4) Yes but in the CC it has to be manually initiated. This is done by pulling on the main beam before you exit the car. When you open the door, your path is illuminated. The duration is set in the DIS. This is the 'Coming home' setting. The 'Leaving home' i.e. when you unlock the car in the dark is fully automatic.

Welcome to the section, we are growing in numbers all the time.
Looking forward to the photos.

Any other Q??s just ask. :fing02:
Ed.

reprosteve
22-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Welcome

You didn't say what engine you have ordered?

Steve

alistairr
22-10-2009, 12:35 PM
EOB, thank you for your swift response it was very helpful. I think I will take you up on the offer of answering further questions if you don’t mind. Do you know for sure if there is an iPod connection in the glove box or is it just an auxiliary in jack.

In return photos and possibly video once delivery is taken:drive:.

In response to reprosteve the engine is the 2.0 TDi 140. Not the fastest engine in the pack but keeps the costs down.

Take care and thanks again for the help.:biggthump

eob
22-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Howdy,
the Aux In comes as standard and is situated in the arm rest cubby. As you know this will give you no control over the iPod.
The VW Media Device Interface package is an optional extra but can be retrofitted but it's not cheap (http://www.fiscon.co.uk/review/product/list/id/39/category/47/). It will give you control over the iPod and charge it too. You can swap the lead into the interface for a USB fitting which allows you to attach a USB pen drive or porta hardie.
TBH I was getting my panties in a knot about getting the Media-In fitted but the SD card does the same job and comes as standard. :fing02:
It can handle upto 32Gb. I have a 20Gb iPod and it's only half full (of boy bands and Pop factor finalists :D, no - really! :nana:).
How much music do you want?? :biglaugh:

reprosteve
23-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi

You will enjoy your CC. I can't get my SD card to work think its because I have a mac and not a PC. The aux port woks fine with my iPhone, just set it on play and enjoy.

Steve

PS got stopped as I was leaving work and asked 'Is that a new Merc" :aargh4:

JSH
23-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi

You will enjoy your CC. I can't get my SD card to work think its because I have a mac and not a PC. The aux port woks fine with my iPhone, just set it on play and enjoy.

Steve

PS got stopped as I was leaving work and asked 'Is that a new Merc" :aargh4:

What format is you music on your SD card ?, I assume you have Itunes, Look in your Music folder to see if there is a Itunes Folder open this and pull your music from this on to your SD card. If this does'nt work try another SD card I had one that just didnt work in the RCD 510
Hope this helps
Regards John

alistairr
25-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I looked on my pc today to see how much music i have. I only have 12GB of tracks. So EOB once again you have been a super help..... all my music will fit onto an sd card so i don't need an iPod connection. :o

reprosteve
26-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Hi John

I've tried 3 SD cards and no Joy. Its not really a problem as I have the sat nav so have the 18gb of space all I did was put my MP3s on to a 4.7gb DVD and copied them from that instead. So if I can get a 32gb SD card + 18gb internal HDD + 4.7gb DVD and the 6 cds in the glovebox. That's 54.7gb for mp3s and 6 normal albums.
:yikes:

JSH
26-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi John

I've tried 3 SD cards and no Joy. Its not really a problem as I have the sat nav so have the 18gb of space all I did was put my MP3s on to a 4.7gb DVD and copied them from that instead. So if I can get a 32gb SD card + 18gb internal HDD + 4.7gb DVD and the 6 cds in the glovebox. That's 54.7gb for mp3s and 6 normal albums.
:yikes:

That should keep you going for a while!. I only have the RCD510 and had great difficulty getting it to play from an SD card, It turned out to be an issue with that particular card

Regards John

alistairr
29-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I have just ordered a 32gb sdhc class 6 high speed card from china. I get the car in 2 weeks so will lode the card up with all my music from abba to zz top. Reprosteve are you using a card that is too slow? Perhaps a class 6 one will do the job.

Good luck.