PDA

View Full Version : Cordoba TDI engine management light

regL
21-10-2009, 10:53 AM
A few times over the last few months this light has come on when driving at night, if I stopped and restarted the engine all was well.
Last night driving from London to Yorkshire it came on again, i stopped three times and it went off for a few miles then returned. My last stop was about 60 miles from home and it then stayed off all the way home. It never comes on during the day so can only guess it is something to do with the electrical load.
Strangely enough someone pointed out to me last night that the central light in the middle of the boot was flashing off and on, is this related?

any ideas gratefully received

RegL

regL
27-10-2009, 08:44 PM
The flashing brake light and rear light problem has been caused by an intermittent short in the cable loom where it passes under the rear seat, it also seems to have cured the engine management issue as well, all errors now cleared and not returned...................................so far!

retnuoc
20-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi, I had the same problem.
found out that my contact to the lights were keeping going on and of, even if I didn't turn it on or off. have changed the contact, and it works for me.