PDA

View Full Version : Question Back-to-black type products?

fraser33
20-10-2009, 01:16 PM
The external, black, plastic side-trim on my '02 Passat has become quite grey but in a few places it has much darker 'stains', which look like water streaks which have dried suddenly.

Is there something I can use to regain the original solid, consistent black finish? I seem to remember someone suggesting the use olive oil applied with a rag! Was that a joke ...or a dream?!:confused:

Confused.com

F

kite
20-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I have heard of peanut butter on plastic.
Also have heard of warming the plastic with a hairdryer which make it "bleed".
Have a look on detailing world..

fraser33
23-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Cheers for that. Peanut butter eh?! I'll have all the dogs in the area licking it off then pi$$ing allover my car, no doubt!:aargh4:

I'll check out detailingworld, thanks.

F

JimC64
23-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi there.....my daughter had a 9 year old red vauxhall corsa ( you know the ones with the black / grey wheels arches and bumpers etc )
Well to say they were looking old n tired would be an understatement.
I went to Halfords and they had a "black bumper restorer" not the exact name but essentially what it is. Anyway it cost around £7.00 and was a black paste ( not unlike boot polish I guess )
Generously applied it over the whole areas and worked in and left to dry and then buffed off. Given another covering a few hours later and again buffed off.
Once this was completed I washed the entire car and dried it off. I then did the usual wet n black routine on the tyres and also applied it to the bumpers as you would normally and buffed it up.
They came up as BLACK as BLACK can be.......100% satisfied and seriously changed the look of the car. She kept the car for another 10 months or so and it lasted that time.

Just a thought and sumthin you could try?

Good luck
Jim