PDA

View Full Version : What the hell are the Germans playing at !!!

mwp
19-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I ordered factory spec Q7 in August. Given build week 43, which was confirmed in September. Phoned up today (week 43) and got told it's moved to week 11 2010 !

So it's moved 20 weeks in a month. I spoke to the UK customer services and they are getting back to me.

Clearly Audi are having a) a storming 2009 or b) sent the entire factory home in March and are still tracking them all down.

Anyone else in a similar boat ?

- Mark :aargh4:

nbusin
29-10-2009, 12:54 AM
I have ordered a Q7 2 weeks ago, I was allocated week 12, it looks like your order has been pushed right to the back of the queue.

mwp
29-10-2009, 11:55 PM
which garage did you order at ?

did you order many options ?

nbusin
30-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I live in London but I ordered a 4.2 tdi s-line from Huddersfield audi (cheapest I could find) . I managed to get 12% off the car and 15% off the optional extras, (33k worth of extras).
Audi are delaying lots of orders at the moment due to production cuts, unfortunately audi underestimated demand for this year and are struggling to meet the orders.
It looks like you order was not actioned upon and the best they could do was week 11.
I have had a chance to glance at an internal memo and Audi UK are negotiation with the factory to secure more allocation for the UK market.
Audi customer services will probably say they cannot do anything and its up to factory to build the cars.
Before you speak to Audi I would seek some sort of legal adivce and find out what you right are in this situation.
Even if you get them to build you a car it is unlikely it will arrive before the new year so who will pay the additional 2.5% vat.
Good Luck.
Regards Nick

mwp
30-10-2009, 08:20 AM
33k of extras - that must be every extra in the book !!

nbusin
30-10-2009, 03:51 PM
it will be nice when it comes.
If you shout loud enough they might give you a courtesy car and when you car will come it will be on 10 plate, might not be a bad deal .

tlionhart
30-10-2009, 03:58 PM
i was gonna order a new A5. Told it would arrive by next March..That was back in AUG as well!