PDA

View Full Version : Potential Buyer Seeking Advice

KnightOfNi
19-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi folks,

I'm going to be getting a new car fairly soon and I'm very much liking the look of the Seat Leon 2.0 TDI Sport. I won't be buying brand new, probably around 3-5 years old.

I had originally started looking at the VW Golf TDI models but having discovered that the same engines are used in the Leon TDI models and with Seat cars being a little cheaper I've decided I like the Leon a little more than the golf.

What I am hoping is that you can give me some advice on what to look out for, any known issues, gotchas etc. which will help me in the process of buying a Leon. Also - any huge differences between 3-5 door apart from the obvious being the number of doors :D

Thanks in advance.

string
31-10-2009, 11:36 PM
i've had a 06 leon tdi 140 ref sport since 5 months old and the car has been great, the reason i/we ( the wife) chose the car was due to alot newer that the golf that was around at the time of buying, i felt it was a lot better value for money. since we have had it, it went into dealer for recalls that came up, ( you can call a dealer give them the reg number and ask if any recalls out standing) when you buy one. but no probs with it to date. we have had it remapped by revo and it drives like a different car, its now around 185bhp and 290lb ft which is enough to annoy other faster cars!!!

We have put ours up for sale as we are moving so need to free up cash to help with the move, wifeeee has nicked my octavia vrs so i need to look for another cheaper car, but will be looking at older 20vt golfs ibiza cupra's etc.

regards.

merc2001
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi folks,

I'm going to be getting a new car fairly soon and I'm very much liking the look of the Seat Leon 2.0 TDI Sport. I won't be buying brand new, probably around 3-5 years old.

I had originally started looking at the VW Golf TDI models but having discovered that the same engines are used in the Leon TDI models and with Seat cars being a little cheaper I've decided I like the Leon a little more than the golf.

What I am hoping is that you can give me some advice on what to look out for, any known issues, gotchas etc. which will help me in the process of buying a Leon. Also - any huge differences between 3-5 door apart from the obvious being the number of doors :D

Thanks in advance.
check for water in the rear footwells press carpet down and listen for squelching noise if it does then possible door seals gone