PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Engine diagnosis light

Peter Buck
18-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi, The engine diagnosis light has suddenly come on, permanently, on my Seat Leon, 1.9 diesel, 04 reg. Everything else seems as normal on the car, it drives the same as ever, no smells, etc. It was serviced, including fuel filter, 1,850 miles ago with no problems.
All fluids and lubricants are as they should be and there doesn't appear to be any odd free wires etc in the engone area. I won't have access to a computer diagnosis for at least two weeks.
Should I be worried, (as in new ECU slit-my-wrists job), or is it liely to be something trivial pertaining to this model of car?
Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

kite
18-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Without a code read you'll never know !!

Peter Buck
18-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks, looks like I will have to wait until I can get the computer read out.
Peter

LeonAP
22-10-2009, 08:22 PM
You could have a problem, like me, with the ABS/traction control module. If it is it can cost over £1000. Seems to be a common problem with cars in the VW Audi group, although they wont admit to it. If it is challenge Seat and contact Watchdog because Seat will not care.

All the best to you

Peter Buck
24-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I sincerely hope that my computer diagnosis next week doesn't reveal that I have to spend that much to fix the problem. If it is as bad as suggested I will indeed have a go at talking to Seat.
Thanks.

SLeonCupra218BH
01-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't panic just yet and I certainly wouldn't listen to speculation about what the issue is or how much it MIGHT cost to repair. As usual, lots of ppl with no experience commenting on stuff they don't understand!

You have a series of sensors on the car that report on various faults however they are not always accurate!

Mass airflow sensor, fuel regulation, air fuel mix ratio everything, traction control is NOT included under this reporting system and has it's own independent reporting system so the chap that told you that was his problem was very clearly visible from a long way away from the salesman!

Mine stays on permanently now reporting that a turbo hose is off (cant see it!) and that my temp sensor is at fault. I have replaced it three times along with the mass air flow sensor which needs changing every 100,000k anyway.

Let us know what you find!