PDA

View Full Version : 03 .130tdi 4motion est , suspension

5portsrock
16-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi I have an 03 ,130tdi 4motion estate , not long after getting it i fitted koni fsd dampers all round .this slightly improved the soft wallowy suspension . I am now looking to fit stiffer springs to improve the situation. Can anyone offer any suggestions / recommendations ,i donot want to lower the car as it already has problems on speed humps etc .Thanks

limecc
18-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Find out which weight springs have been factory fitted from the sticker codes in the spare wheel well. Get the codes translated here:
http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx

Next, go here and decide from the charts what weight spring you would like:
http://www.dotamatic.com/1BE/Springweightfactors.htm

Maybe you want to go for 1BE (sport) spring weight in 1BA (standard - luxury) spring length.

Next register here for free and check the part numbers and price:
http://www.vagcat.com/epc/

Finally go and order from local VW dealer and fit.

the-stigg
18-10-2009, 12:32 AM
can u tell me how to start a new thread

limecc
18-10-2009, 12:48 AM
can u tell me how to start a new thread
There's a 'new topic' button on the home page for each forum. This link will also do the trick:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=113

oriont
18-10-2009, 09:01 PM
hi, im interested in this as im just about to order a set of FSD's for the wifes sport 1.9tdi 4motion estate as the ride is very bouncy.
let me know what springs yours has and what you buy please.
thanks
Dave

limecc
18-10-2009, 11:37 PM
hi, im interested in this as im just about to order a set of FSD's for the wifes sport 1.9tdi 4motion estate as the ride is very bouncy.
let me know what springs yours has and what you buy please.
thanks
Dave
If your wife has the Sport model, then the spring length is 0.75in shorter, and the suspension has different length bump stops and helper springs to match. This means it would be unwise to copy someone else as you need to determine what you have to start off with or it could go badly wrong. I made this mistake a couple of years ago, and now I'm left with brand new never fitted genuine VW 1BE Sport springs to auction (incidentally should fit a 1.8T or TDI depending on the code).

Codes in the wheel well will tell if 1BA or 1BE, and what weight the springs are. I would guess we are looking at OJG or OJK for the front, and for the rear - OYC, OYD, or maybe OYE. Alternatively, give the springs a clean and let us know the colour coding.

Dustcap
18-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Hello

If your springs are OJK 1BE's then i would like to know how much you are asking and if you would post to france?

Cheers

Dustcap
18-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Hello

If your springs are OJK 1BE's then i would like to know how much you are asking and if you would post to france?

Cheers

For front with blue / yellow sticker on...

limecc
19-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Hiya,
Thanks for asking. They are still for sale as I haven't got around to relisting them on Ebay yet. I want about £40 for the pair + postage.
Unfortunately they may be a little light for you, I don't know if they would be ok. I would say the car will sit lower and it would be slightly easier to compress, but there must be a degree of preference involved here as to the weight of spring fitted. I don't know how far you can stray from your OJK's. These springs have been fitted to 110 TDI's but mainly the 1.8T's.

They are: 8D0 411 105 CS PR-1BE/0JG 1 grey 1 blue

Mine:
P 0JG - min 824kgs
P 0JG - max 853kgs

Yours:
P 0JK - min 919kgs
P 0JK - max 952kgs

Dustcap
19-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Ahhh, thats a shame. They are to go on a V6 4Motion so I guess thats where the higher weight rating comes in what with the heavier lump and 4motion components etc.

I was looking on eorocarparts and managed to locate the springs but strugling to identify the correct dampers - any pointers please?

limecc
19-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I have the same vehicle and am finishing off the list. Will post here when done.

RingGo72
29-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Hiya,
Thanks for asking. They are still for sale as I haven't got around to relisting them on Ebay yet. I want about £40 for the pair + postage.
Unfortunately they may be a little light for you, I don't know if they would be ok. I would say the car will sit lower and it would be slightly easier to compress, but there must be a degree of preference involved here as to the weight of spring fitted. I don't know how far you can stray from your OJK's. These springs have been fitted to 110 TDI's but mainly the 1.8T's.

They are: 8D0 411 105 CS PR-1BE/0JG 1 grey 1 blue

Mine:
P 0JG - min 824kgs
P 0JG - max 853kgs

Yours:
P 0JK - min 919kgs
P 0JK - max 952kgs

Hello mate, I came across this thread regarding the coils springs, I know is it an old thread, but I just wanted to know if by any luck, you still have the pair of springs. As the are the perfect match to mine.
Please let me know.
Cheers
RingGo72

limecc
30-06-2018, 09:29 PM
Hi yes they are gathering dust in my loft somewhere. Never got around to listing them. PM me your phone number and I'll call/text you.