PDA

View Full Version : Power Problems

JennyMc
27-04-2007, 09:30 AM
I wondered if anyone has had these same problems.

The problem I have is that my turbo doesn't seem to be working. I have the Seat Leon TDI SE 110 and I seem to have had these problems ever since I got the car in January. Another problem is that it is intermittant it doesn't happen all the time!! When I start the car up everything seem to be ok until I hit 60mph mark and then it just dies and from there on in it is really really slow. You can switch the engine off and start it up again and it will be fine. My mate had the same problem with his Golf TDI and he had to get his turbo replaced - my garage are not willing to do this!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially if you have experienced this problem too.:biglaugh:

stuart
29-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi

Could be a problem with the air flow meter, MAF sensor, both the same item, just different descriptions. If this are faulty it will cause a loss of power.

Try doing a earch on the forum using both or either of these terms, should bring a few results, as this is a very common component to fail.

Stuart

JennyMc
03-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Stuart,

Tried replacing the above and still had no joy - any other ideas?

Jenny

KEITH BAKER
14-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Jenny,
Have just bought a 2001 Seat Leon Tdi with similar symptoms to the ones you describe. It has an intermittant fault which limits the power output at around 3000 revs. Switching the ignition on and off clears the fault.
A knowledgeable person at Volksworks in Leeds suggested the problem might be the boost pressure sensor (although he obviously needed to see the car before he could be certain).
The boost pressure sensor, I am told, prevents the engine from being over-revved. If it is faulty, it sends a message to the ECU to say the revs need limiting when, in fact, they don't. Turning the ignition off and then on again clears it from the ECU's memory - but plugging in a fault-code reader might show the code up again.
I'm ordering a new boost pressure sensor this weekend. If it doesn't solve the problem then I'll try a new air mass meter.

JennyMc
17-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi,

Thanks for that, my car seems to have cured itself but I will keep it in mind if it decides to go on the blink - thanks