PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Stone Chip

KateS
15-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Only had my lovely brand new A3 (Ibis White) less than two weeks and have a stone chip in the bonnet already. I suppose it was going to happen sooner or later, just wish it had been later!

It's not very big (couple of mm) but it is right through to the metal. Was going to dap it with a little paint from the paint stick I've bought from Audi but I'm afraid I'll make a mess of it!

Was thinking of calling in ChipsAway but afraid they will spray/treat more of an area than necessary, it's all too new and the chip is very small.

I'm on the Wirral, does anyone have any experience of the ChipsAway service round here? Or any other advice?

Thanks!

N33L HU
15-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi I teach vehicle body and paint in a college in manchester in my opinion I would not use a smart repairer any where near my audi cab the reason is they use poor quality product and fast drying paints,which are forced dryed far too quick and also I have seen some of their work!! your right they will need to paint more than the chip its self as they will need to do a localised blen/fade out and then buff the blend in. :D