PDA

View Full Version : Hi folk!

mikeholroyd
15-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Hello everyone!

A quick introduction. I'm Mike, based just outside Preston Lancashire. I'm no stranger to the car forums, having been on both SeatCupra.net and Briskoda for a long time.
I don't have a VW or Audi, but between myself and my sife, we run a Skoda Octavaia TDI and a Seat Leon, both VAG group cars.
I've joined this forum to get bits of info from members that's not available on the other forums.

Just a little bit about myself -- I'm a coach driver, working for a family firm on the Fylde, and spend all my spare time (what there is of it) with my wife Kim, competing up and down the country with our 2 Border Terrier dogs on obedience and agility trials.

If anyone's interested, I have a genuine Ross-Tech microCAN lead with VAGCOM/VCDS, and can do most things with CAN based models. I'd be more than happy to help any member out if they need their car plugging into the laptop! Just PM me for a mutual convenient place/time.

Looking forward to becoming a regular member on here.

Mike

shark_90
15-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Fancy seeing you here Mike! :)

sr-performance
15-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Hiya mike, welcome mate, top site this..:beerchug:

mikeholroyd
15-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Fancy seeing you here Mike! :)

Had to join here to find some info on the throttle body alignment on the Leon that I just couldn't locate on Briskoda or cupra, but have since found loads more on here as well!

Just had a nightmare experience cleaning the throttle body, with rough running and loads of fault codes coming up, but after locating a new (used) throttle body and using a new gasket, and with grateful thanks to Briskoda's own Steve Ward (Wardy) who very kindly loaned his HEX+CAN to me, all is now sorted, and have amazed myself just how sluggish she was running before!

Thanks

Mike

sr-performance
15-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Nice one mate, always good to sort little probs.. give us a shout if you ever want it remapping.... :)

mikeholroyd
15-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Nice one mate, always good to sort little probs.. give us a shout if you ever want it remapping.... :)

:D:D:D Not a chance on this one, mate, it's the wife's car, and I was wondering about getting this one with it being a 1.6 16 valve as it was! Was originally after a 1.4 (pity they don't do a 1 litre:D:D)

Mike

sr-performance
15-10-2009, 12:04 PM
He He, nice to see you love your wife's driving abilities mike...:)

mikeholroyd
15-10-2009, 12:19 PM
He He, nice to see you love your wife's driving abilities mike...:)

Got to tell you that 14 years ago I was a driving instructor. Kim was one of my learner drivers.............:D
Having said that, we didn't get together until 5 years AFTER she passed her test!:biglaugh:

sr-performance
15-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Dont tell me you "bomped" into each other!!! he he
Hard work being an instructor, i am a qualified instuctor for loading shovels/dump trucks etc, used to work in quarrying, you do get some characters... :)