PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on lowering

brendogg_od
14-10-2009, 03:19 AM
hi, I, B5.5 130 sport passat. The shocks in the the car are pretty knackered so I'm changing the whole front suspension anyway. looking to spend about 200-300 on either coilovers or spings and gas shock.

Any advice on brands and where to get them

I live in Northern Ireland.

Also looking for a full fog light kit

Thanks in advance :beerchug:

bammy67
14-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi!
These are the coilovers I have got on my car:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HighQuality-Coilover-Coil-Over-VW-Passat-3B-3BG-B5_W0QQitemZ360116961486QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53d8a4c0ce
Never had any problems at all had quick delivery fitted perfectly etc etc even comes with new bump stops which are definately useful. Seem to be pretty high quality too, not sure how much delivery to NI would be as I am England but cant be much different! Good luck with whatever kit you get mate cant really help you with the fogs as mine is a B5 so different front end. Let me know how you get on :biggthump

brendogg_od
15-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the link... Moving funds about now to make sure I can afford these lol, Not going to put the car down to low those as people in the same car here seem to say it bottoms out alot :S so only 30 or 40 mm, for me lol

Thanks again

bammy67
15-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Yea thats why I said the bump stops are handy! With these on the set up is a bit less 'comfort' as VW call it and a bit more 'sport'. I have 18" alloys on and have them set at around 40mm front and 35mm back and looks in my opinion perfect. Some people like thier cars slammed but personally I think it ruins the look, each to thier own though!

limecc
15-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I have genuine VW 1BE front springs (brand new in box) that would fit and lower it by 0.75in. Avoiding coilovers avoids the 'modification' word to insurance companies. Please mail me for details if you are interested.