PDA

View Full Version : Corrado 2.0 16v Running Problems

Northface15
12-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi all,

I am the owner of a K registered 2.0 16v Corrado which recently has suffered from poor running problems.

The car will start however I cannot get the engine to exceed 1500rpm. it then dies and hunts very badly. The problem can be resolved by leaving the car to warm up and noticing a change in the engine tickover. After that it is driveable but very sluggish.

I have replaced the air flow meter, water temp sensor and checked for any vacumn leaks in the pipes but to no avail.

Does anyone have have ideas on the problem? Have owned this great car for over 15 years now so anxious to keep on enjoying.

Thanks

reggit
15-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm not familiar with the valver, howwever have you asked on the corrado forum? www.the-corrado.net (http://www.the-corrado.net) There's a wealth of Corrado specific knowledge on there

scotty33
16-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Hi

I had a passat with the 9A engine. The water temp sender sheared off when I tried to remove it. The replacement was probably not correct and this caused poor starting and cold running, - Strangely it would start and run ok if the throttle pedal was not touched.
VW were unable to sell me the correct temp sender.
A lambda sensor problem could account for the sluggishness when warm. Probably would be a good idea to change it anyway if it has not been done?