PDA

View Full Version : Audi 2.8 auto dip stick

roogy
26-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi, at the risk of looking a dipstick myself, can someone please help?. Ive just bought an Audi cabriolet (2000) auto 2.8. I want to check the auto oil and think the dipstick is on the rear right of the engine- an orange handle. Ive tried pulling and twisted this out but it seems to be stuck fast. Am i tugging at the wrong thing ?
Also I dont have any manuals, for the car or stereo, can someone advise where i could pick these up - cheaply.
I also need to get the code for the stereo - my local dealer quoted £35 for this !! Similarly the disc cassette for the multi cd player is missing, again a cheap supplier for these would be appreciated.

Thanjks,
ANdy.

Niall76
27-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I know nothing of the auto's but as a rule of thumb - engine oil dipsticks are push fit and gearbox dipsticks are scre in. It could be pretty tight, try it when the engine is warm.

kev
27-04-2007, 09:05 PM
HAY. ya i think you've got the right one, theres two dip sticks there, one over near the air filter housing and another one under/around the brake/clutch fluid res, make sure you look after that box they give lots of problems, use dexron 2, drain and fill 3.5L