PDA

View Full Version : ?faulty maf

pinback2001
26-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Hi all
new to this forum, I have a 1999 Audi A6 1.9 tdi, and find the thing is gutless on acceleration and on hills. Once up to about 60 it flies. Reading the threads here, it looks to me like the MAF sensor. What do you guys think? I see a Pierburg sensor has been used on VW diesels. Part no. 7.22684.07.0. Will this be the one for me?
Thanks in advance fellas
Phil

paresh
26-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I've got an intermittent problem on mine.... but will answer your question first.
On other forums I found that you should clean the MAF with 'Maplins' electical solvent cleaner', try unplugging it to see if your MAF does make a difference without.
And finally rev the car to 5100rpm to see if it can substain that level, I read that somewhere on a Seat Cupra forum 1.9 tdi... I think it's the same family?

My prob is ocassionally uphill at 3000rpm it goes into a limp mode..... 17965 boost pressure limit exceeded????? could it be the N75?

Oh yeah Phil try POWER BOOST by Ecotek 600ml it's £28, but it bloody works mate

Ps. I do not work for any of the above mentioned labels

Huweth
27-04-2007, 12:28 AM
As Paresh said, unplug the MAF, go for a drive and see if it goes better. Don't drive like that for too long though! If it does go better without the MAF, get a new one. Cleaning can work but the new part is cheap enough. Do some searches here. There are Pierburg and Bosch MAFs available. The Pierburg is better but may not fit as easily. There is a Sticky thread that tells you all about the MAF. Read it here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6571&highlight=maf+sticky
As for Pareshs limp mode, you almost certainly have sticky vanes in the turbo. You may be able to free them by jiggling the rod actuator. If you can, go for a fast drive which gets the turbo really hot to clear the acumulated soot.

pinback2001
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Just an update on my gutless A6 - Bought a Pierburg maf & fitted it. My A6 is like a new car now! It's never gone so well in 20,000 miles!
Phil:D