PDA

View Full Version : V Checker problem

kevst183
10-10-2009, 10:52 AM
My 18 month old v checker won't work. It will not scroll down on any screen, the button just won't work. Anybody got any ideas? I've only used it about 4 times:confused:

nevo
17-11-2009, 01:39 PM
How did you get on with your v checker? sorry got no answers but interested,if its gone belly up, used 4 times thats not much ,will it scroll up?got mine shipped from china direct, maybe the scroll down button's knackered, thats gonna need a stripdown ,poss not worth the hassle!pity they're quite handy to keep in your car,just as an aside have you a list of functions it can and can't do,or a web site for any info

Eshrules
17-11-2009, 01:58 PM
How did you get on with your v checker? sorry got no answers but interested,if its gone belly up, used 4 times thats not much ,will it scroll up?got mine shipped from china direct, maybe the scroll down button's knackered, thats gonna need a stripdown ,poss not worth the hassle!pity they're quite handy to keep in your car,just as an aside have you a list of functions it can and can't do,or a web site for any info

Re the OP's post, I did reply to your PM and I did state that all vcheckers were sold with a 12month warranty. with this being an 18 month old unit, it's sadly outside of that warranty period.

I have to say during the time of EE, I am incredibly proud of the 0% failure rate on these units. The only time I've had a return was from someone who had admitted to abusing the vchecker and wanted me to see if I could rescue it.

I did, but a stripdown is time consuming and if the PCB's been damaged behind the button, you're not in much hope of being able to fix it.

Re the functions, if you drop me a PM with your email, I'll send you the small walkthrough I compiled for the basics.

kevst183
17-11-2009, 08:03 PM
As eshrules says its out of gtee so it seems like I've had it. I would confirm tho that it had not been mistreated. £85 for about 4 uses it would have been cheaper to have gone to a garage
:(

nevo
17-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Will it scroll upwards though? can't remember if you can scroll up over to the top and back to the bottom? better than nothing ,if it works. if its conpletely gone maybe you've nothing to loose,have alook inside maybe some pcb cleaner might do the trick on the pad.