PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Central locking please help

yorky19640
09-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Key Fob does not work at all. All doors unlock with key, when I turn key anti clockwise to lock everything locks except passenger side doors,however if I turn key clockwise and then anti clockwise all doors lock. The other strange thing that happens is that as soon as I turn on the ignition I get a clunking noise from both passenger side doors. Have replaced CCM with correct part number, and this has made no difference. Have just replaced batteries on remote key fob, it still does not activate locking however, when I am away from the car the red light on key is very bright, but as soon as I get near the car and press the buttons on key the red lightscare very dim.

Crasher
09-10-2009, 11:04 PM
If you have replaced the convenience unit you need to match the remotes to the unit using VAG-COM or similar.

yorky19640
09-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Okay will give that ago, just a little worried that as remote key fob didn't work before will I still be able to link it to CCM. And it does look as if this isn't the cause of the problem. When I first had the car I tried installing new batteries into key fob, but the batteries seem to drain in a matter of days.

martin1810
10-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Why did you replace the ccm. Central locking faults are most often damaged wires going to and from the ccm. If you haven't inspected all the wiring, replacing the ccm will be a waste of time and money.

yorky19640
10-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Wouldn't have replaced ccm if there had been a problem with wiring.