PDA

View Full Version : VW Wiring loom to radio

tubbs
26-04-2007, 03:59 AM
Can anyone let me know which are the wire colours that require switching over when fitting a non standard radio,ie which is the permanent live and which is the live on ignition.

new to vw
26-04-2007, 10:11 AM
its not that simple as swapping wires over....get your self down to halfords and get a loom adapter it sorts out the problem of the k wire as well
lee

shaun holoway
26-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Sorry just out of interest what is the "K" wire, I have an interesting issue with my Transporter t4 1996 which has a permanent draw on the battery that " pulses / flashes " slowly. It has an aftermarket radio and I am wondering if someone has disconected a security L.E.D somewhere like on the factory units. Just a thought .....I am clutching at straws as with ignition off keys out all accessories turned off it still does it !

tennentsfan
29-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi There ,
I fitted a aftermarket stereo to my passat and halfords told me to swap round the lives nae sure which ones it was .do a search on here it will tell you somewhere . Also you dont need a adaptor thats why halfords told me to swap the lives .
cheers Kieran

sooty
01-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Hi There ,
I fitted a aftermarket stereo to my passat and halfords told me to swap round the lives nae sure which ones it was .do a search on here it will tell you somewhere . Also you dont need a adaptor thats why halfords told me to swap the lives .
cheers Kieran

Hi
On most German cars you have to swap the positive cable (normally red) over with the positive ignition cable (normally yellow). This will allow your radio to retain its memory when you turn your ignition off... Most VAG cars use a standard ISO connection (2 rectangular blocks), you can get adaptors if not