PDA

View Full Version : Avant Rear speaker & amp

oldgranite
25-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I recently purchased an Avant and have only just looked behind the clipped panel in the boot on the driver's side. Behind the panel is a Harmon amplifier and a single loudspeaker. No sound comes out of the speaker with the radio on (Concert single CD) but the amp gets warm. There isn't a speaker on the passenger side. Even if the speaker did work, I can't see what effect it would have. Does anyone know why these two items are there?

Froggy
27-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Sounds like the sub-amp and speaker. To be honest, at low volumes you won't hear a lot as it only deals with the low frequencies. Does the car have Bose written on the speakers?

Put your favourite 50cent CD on turn it up and you might get something noticeable out off it.:D

oldgranite
29-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks for replying Froggy. There's nothing I can see on the speaker that says it's Bose. But you're right, pump up the volume and there's sound. Must be more to do with making the bodyshell vibrate than pure sound though. Think I'll go and lean up against the rear quarter panel one more time...............

Au Yeah
18-11-2009, 07:11 PM
I have a 98 a4avant and Im trying to hook a extra sub an amp up for a better bass sound I was told that I needed to use a high low converter to get an RCA frequency and I don't know what wires coming to the curcit board amp to tap into for my left and right speakers and my amps remote wire any help would be helpful thank you