PDA

View Full Version : Help :( Tuning box TDI

s0niX
25-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Recently bought one of those cr*py TDI tuning boxes from ebay.

the insructions suppiled are absolutly rubbish.. could anyone tell me where it is suppose to be plugged in? for example any photos?

The engine is a 2004 1.4 TDI PD Polo engine..

I can take photos if this helps

thanks

VanWheeler
26-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Normally plugs in to the Maf if it's a cheap one i.e. under £60, but I wouldn't plug it iN, IT'S JUST FOOLS THE ENGINE INTO OVERFUELING AND WONT DO YOUR CAR ANY GOOD.

Eshrules
26-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Recently bought one of those cr*py TDI tuning boxes from ebay.

:o you kinda stepped on my point in your own statement as above ^^^ they dont do your engine any good at all. all you're doing is overfuelling your enging, you're not tuning it in any way whatsoever. the only true way to tune your engine is using either a proper tuning box (around £250/400) or a full remap with RR (around £250/350).

a £60 'rubbish' tuning box from ebay is exactly that... in fact, its nothing more than a cheap resistor in a pretty black box :beerchug:

Eshrules
26-04-2007, 09:34 AM
also, if you take a look here:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4839

youll find this issue has been prod/cond by myself :)

Sam
26-04-2007, 09:35 AM
also, if you take a look here:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4839

youll find this issue has been prod/cond by myself :)

And rubbished by many more on this board and t'internet in general

Eshrules
26-04-2007, 09:48 AM
And rubbished by many more on this board and t'internet in general

i dont understand it myself.... you spend quite a bit of money on a precision engineered engine, such as the Tdi.. then you go and stick a stupid box on it worth less than a tenner in reality, expecting it to give you 'awesome' power gains and MPG gains....

its just not going to happen, you have to spend the money if you want the results "you gets what you pays for"

master
26-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi
I'm a newby so pls bear wiv me.
Who and where r RR - the price seems really good for a remap
Thanx

Eshrules
26-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi
I'm a newby so pls bear wiv me.
Who and where r RR - the price seems really good for a remap
Thanx

first of all...welcome to the forum :D

2nd.... what language is this you speak? (:p) try to type your words so all can understand them mate, not everyone is up on the text talk :)

thirdly, i said RR as in Rolling Road....most decent remappers have one, they run your car on the rolling road to calculate the power output and also to check the car is running without fault after the remap has been done :D