PDA

View Full Version : A6 CD based sat nav

tygertyger
24-04-2007, 11:28 PM
I have a new shape 2005 A6 with the optional CD based sat nav system.

(I wish I could have afforded the DVD system as the data on the CD is really out of date, but that is a different story)

Anyway, I would like to get a CD covering France for the summer but don't fancy dealer prices. Any ideas please?

Kirky
23-05-2007, 01:05 PM
HI

Did you ever get any answers to your French CD for the Nav as I am too off to France this summer and would rather not go to the dealer and part with £100 for 2 weeks driving!

Cheers

Kirky

tygertyger
23-05-2007, 07:54 PM
No. I asked my dealer who said the Audi disc was £180!

They also said my system was DX, whatever that means.

I tried a Blaupunkt TeleAtlas DX disc, but that did not work, so I am back to square one.

tygertyger
23-05-2007, 08:12 PM
PS - check your existing Audi disc does not cover France.

I discovered by accident that you can change the country on mine and it at least has the major roads of France

Kirky
24-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Cheers for the tip, I'll have a play around with it later and see what it will do

I'm still on the hunt for a French disc so if I have any joy I will drop you a line

I'm also on the hunt for some Avant roof bars but again the dealer wants £160 to supply!

tygertyger
24-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Find out which Thule Rapid Fit set fits (sold at Halfords etc) and then look out for a used set on Ebay.

You will find it needs a foot pack, bespoke to the car, and a set of rails - make sure you get the right length as the A6 is wider than the average car.