PDA

View Full Version : wheel refurb

new to vw
24-04-2007, 09:53 PM
how do guys can anyone recomend a company to refurb/repaint wheels in oxfordshire
cheers
lee:beerchug:

RickT
06-05-2007, 11:50 PM
yellow pages is the best option... what i did in the past is found one from the yellow pages and then when i called in asked to see some of there work...

if they are proud in what they do, they wont have any issue showing you examples or current work in progess..

if they dont have no examples or are embrassed when you ask them walk away..

RickT

new to vw
07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
cheer's rick for reply.....will look into this...
lee

SONICtheONE
07-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Not in Oxfordshire, but have been recommend to me, But haven't used them yet,

www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk (http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk)

Alan.

topgazza
07-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Good pricing £24.50 for up to 16" wheels....but if you leave car for them to do...£199. So thats £175 to remove a wheel, remove tyre, repair and refit....that seems a mite steep....(heavy irony there)

Wicked Wheels who have a place in High Wycome that I know of charged me £45 to do the same on my Passat and its a "while you wait" service as well if you give them notice. Took about an hour

new to vw
07-05-2007, 05:07 PM
thats more like the price i was thinking of....
cheers topgazza....
i will get in touch with them
lee

topgazza
07-05-2007, 06:23 PM
No problem...that was a year ago. Just dug out the receipt and it was £45...£52.88 incl VAT. They do a mobile service as well but thats about 40% more expensive. They have a website www.wickedwheels.co.uk

Brand new Passat...kerbed it as I nervously pulled into my driveway on the way home from picking it up...DOH!

That other company looks good if you have just the bare wheel and don't mind waiting a few days...very good prices on that basis.

gramey
07-05-2007, 08:01 PM
new to vw, I believe Wicked Wheels are franchised operators and although I've never had any wheels done by them they do have a good reputation which they'll want to protect, so it may be worth the few extra quid. Failing that ask your local VW, BMW, Mercedes dealer who they have do their refurbs for them. Most quality dealers have someone they use as they know refurbing wheels adds much more to the value of the car, far more than the cost and cheaper than replacing.

topgazza
07-05-2007, 11:07 PM
My wifes car has a couple of damaged wheels and I will wait to just before she sells it to get them refurbed. Any sooner and she will only kerb them again....

Thats no cuddles for me tonight......

I know Wicked Wheels in Guildford do the local Porsche. Merc, BMW and VW dealers..'cos he told me so. So I guess the same sort of arrangement is done elsewhere. I know the High Wycombe branch had some brand new Merc wheels from a damaged delivery car..brand new... and they were trying to match the new colour silver they were using when I popped in a year ago.

I think they are pretty safe especially as you can actually see the job being done if you want. Never tried the mobile service though

new to vw
08-05-2007, 08:17 AM
cheers guy's for all your reply's:D :beerchug:
lee