PDA

View Full Version : Celtic tuning remap for A8 4.2tdi

corriefisted
03-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but thought i'd write a thread to see if anyone has any opinions good or bad about Celtic tuning's remaps. I have a 2006 Audi A8 4.2tdi quattro sport and although it's already pretty healthy in the performance department, Celtic tuning's remaps seem mightily tempting. They state an increase of from 321bhp to 373bhp and from 479lb/ft to 547lb/ft. What's more when I spoke to the garage who performs the remaps in Clydebank, Glasgow ( A4Audi ), they said that they would do it for £345 Inc vat.
Has anyone had any experience with a remapped 4.2tdi? Or Celtic tuning for that matter? I'm going to take the plunge on Wednesday coming failing any really negative comments. I'll post again with my after thoughts. Cheers :beerchug:

Renniie
14-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Did you get the remap for A8 mate? How does car feel after?

corriefisted
15-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi Matt, Yeah I did get the remap done.... sort of...
They read the origial map and sent it to Celtic Tuning who adjusted it and sent it back for upload but this is where it started to go a bit Pete Tong. It only uploaded 50% (to just 1 ECU) then hung. Had to leave the car with them that night for him to remove the ECU's and place them on a transfer jig to write the new maps directly to the ECU's. He phoned the next day to say that the new map was on and that the car was pulling like a train however the map was asking for more fuel than the injectors could give so he was going to send the map back and get that parameter adjusted. He did this but then on uploading again there were more probs and the ECU's kept locking him out for longer and longer intervals. Eventually ( after 2 weeks of his courtest car ) he gave up and bought me 2 new ECU's at a cost of £1800. I felt a bit bad cause clearly nothing like this has ever happened to him before and instead of making an easy £375 it cost him big. Anyway car back to normal but I dont think I'll play around with the tuning on an A8 again. As a side note though, It seams my fuel filter was blocked as a few months later it was going into limp mode under heavy accelleration. Stirling audi changed it and its fine now. I wonder if the original remap would have been OK with a new filter fitted?????