PDA

View Full Version : PSI superchip or not?

oldcobblecot
24-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Just bought a 2003 A4 TDi130 sport with a PSI superchip, The car has done 100,000 miles so i removed the superchip due to the high milage (I expect the car to do at least another 100,000).

I have now noticed the fuel economy to drop a little.

The question is do i replace the super chip or leave it off?

Will the super chip put extra strain on the engine and reduce it's life? The car will be serviced every 6 to 7000 miles, twice per year using VW507 oil.

Thanks for any opinions in advance. :1zhelp:

nickynibbles
26-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Superchips are all about a revised mapping, the effects can be many and not just restricted to increased BHP. The mere fact of having a superchip fitted dosent automatically put more strain on an engine, keeping your right foot glued to the carpet however will! 2 choices, put it into the garage for its service & ensure they upload the latest ECU program for your car, or if you've got the money take it too a superchip rolling road centre and have the chips program analysed as to what effects your actually getting on fuel usage and BHP curve over standard. If it was me i'd leave it in, 100,000 miles is nothing and if your not driving like a bat out of hell everywhere your not going to improve your chances of damaging something.