PDA

View Full Version : Hurrooo VWAudi peeps

Geordie Amanda
02-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Hello VWAudi. My name is Amanda and I am a refugee from Briskoda (only kidding to those of you that are also on that site. Can I say thank you to Stuart who Pmíd me a welcome (even if it might have been an automated response).

I have joined this forum as I am currently looking at buying an A4 3.0tdi Executive S-Line. I have looked at the Brokers prices and see that there are some pretty large discounts out there, but my local dealer isnít budging much (at present). I am interested if anyone knows of a dealership in the North West that might accommodate my requirements (big discount and cheap finance). Ironically I see that I can get a Q7 with the same spec for about £150 a month less than my local dealer quoted for an A4 from Audis offer page on the UK site. My current cars are a 123D BMW (fabulous engine, if a little small overall) and a Fiat Sedici 4x4 (fabulous traction, if not one too many cars). I got the BMW with £5.7K off from new (took quite a bit of haggling) so I am up for a challenge, but any help gratefully received. In fact if anyone knows of any cheap PCPs on this model or hidden incentives I am all ears. Any Audi dealers who might read this please PM me if thatís allowed?

Hope to appear on here a bit more regularly, especially if I can get the car I want.:)

Amanda

Ps I have owned a MkIV Golf, A Seat Toledo and a Skoda Octavia so I need to complete the box set of VAG cars

sr-performance
03-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Hiya Amanda,
Cant help on the above but I can say hello and welcome...:beerchug:

Geordie Amanda
03-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Hiya Amanda,
Cant help on the above but I can say hello and welcome...:beerchug:

Thank you very much for the warm welcome :)

sr-performance
03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
So, you a geordie in manchester then? :)

Geordie Amanda
03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
So, you a geordie in manchester then? :)

Ah am, but ah divent think thí lurkles hev nerticed :D

sr-performance
03-10-2009, 09:46 PM
He He, god help em when they do!!! :)

peskypete
24-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Hello VWAudi. My name is Amanda and I am a refugee from Briskoda (only kidding to those of you that are also on that site. Can I say thank you to Stuart who Pmíd me a welcome (even if it might have been an automated response).

I have joined this forum as I am currently looking at buying an A4 3.0tdi Executive S-Line. I have looked at the Brokers prices and see that there are some pretty large discounts out there, but my local dealer isnít budging much (at present). I am interested if anyone knows of a dealership in the North West that might accommodate my requirements (big discount and cheap finance). Ironically I see that I can get a Q7 with the same spec for about £150 a month less than my local dealer quoted for an A4 from Audis offer page on the UK site. My current cars are a 123D BMW (fabulous engine, if a little small overall) and a Fiat Sedici 4x4 (fabulous traction, if not one too many cars). I got the BMW with £5.7K off from new (took quite a bit of haggling) so I am up for a challenge, but any help gratefully received. In fact if anyone knows of any cheap PCPs on this model or hidden incentives I am all ears. Any Audi dealers who might read this please PM me if thatís allowed?

Hope to appear on here a bit more regularly, especially if I can get the car I want.:)

Amanda

Ps I have owned a MkIV Golf, A Seat Toledo and a Skoda Octavia so I need to complete the box set of VAG cars
amanda i've just bought an A4 3.0tdi SE on a june 09 plate. tested against an S Line and the ride is soooooooo much better. only 25miles on the clock, leather, satnav, B&O sound system, 2free services, and a 26k price tag.. finance screwed down to £460month with minimal deposit. i find it so much cheaper than trying to buy a 1-2year old car.... ? they have another one parked up but its got 4k miles on the clock.

peskypete
24-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Ah am, but ah divent think thí lurkles hev nerticed :D
ps. try www.car-finance.net when you find the car.... the dealer will prob match their lowcost finance quote via audi-finance. i got around 7.6% apr which i struggled to beat

Geordie Amanda
24-10-2009, 12:34 AM
amanda i've just bought an A4 3.0tdi SE on a june 09 plate. tested against an S Line and the ride is soooooooo much better. only 25miles on the clock, leather, satnav, B&O sound system, 2free services, and a 26k price tag.. finance screwed down to £460month with minimal deposit. i find it so much cheaper than trying to buy a 1-2year old car.... ? they have another one parked up but its got 4k miles on the clock.

I have kept an eye on the Audi site and one or two interweb sites, but havení seen anything of the spec I really want. The S-line can be had with the Sports suspension in lieu of the S-line suspension though. I might have a look at the BMW X1 next week, but that is seemingly another car with an extreme hard ride.

peskypete
24-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I have kept an eye on the Audi site and one or two interweb sites, but havení seen anything of the spec I really want. The S-line can be had with the Sports suspension in lieu of the S-line suspension though. I might have a look at the BMW X1 next week, but that is seemingly another car with an extreme hard ride.
I had my heart set on an SLine but after trying both preferred the SE. each to their own ! then again the price tag might have swayed it for me cos i'm a tightwad geordie. I used audi warrington but had to work hard to screw them down by 2k to 26k.... lot of car for the money though and although missing a few bits&bobs i can forgive that cos its the engine that i really wanted ! was struggling to get better than 2.0tdi for basically a brand new car. good luck with your hunting.....

Geordie Amanda
24-10-2009, 01:04 AM
I had my heart set on an SLine but after trying both preferred the SE. each to their own ! then again the price tag might have swayed it for me cos i'm a tightwad geordie. I used audi warrington but had to work hard to screw them down by 2k to 26k.... lot of car for the money though and although missing a few bits&bobs i can forgive that cos its the engine that i really wanted ! was struggling to get better than 2.0tdi for basically a brand new car. good luck with your hunting.....

Thanks. Warrington Audi aren't too far away from me,

What sort of mpg do you get? I do mainly motorway driving and Iím interested to see if you can achieve more than 40mpg at realistic motorway speeds.

peskypete
24-10-2009, 01:25 AM
only had it a week, but....

120miles home up the motorway 70mph+ and stuck in some slow moving traffic averaged 40.5. since then just done door to door locally and still running at 35mpg and i have a heavy right foot.. easy gonna do 40+ on motorway and guessing low-mid 30s if all local... seriously quick from 2000revs but 1st gear isnt blistering unless i've just forgotten how to drive a manual diesel !!! I used www.webuyanycar.com to sober me up before i went buying... type in the reg of the car you are looking at to see how much you'll lose when you drive it off the forecourt !! can also be useful to haggle with.... a fair buying price is probably in between the selling price and the web valuation !!

i very nearly went for a merc C250CDI sport blue-efficiency auto..... cheap as chips to lease.... £350 incl vat if you do under 10,000miles or £385 for 15,000miles. standard spec though, but not bad spec list. 3months deposit+35months leasing.... still thinking i should have got one... 55mpg and 0-60 7secs !!