PDA

View Full Version : A3 Brake judder

Lex
24-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi,

New to this forum, but not the wonderful world of VW and Audi. Always owned Veedubs and a couple of Audi's in my time. Now got a 2000 A3 1.8T and loved it too bits until recently, when brakes started to judder.
I will explain, I fitted (ex spanners man) new discs and pads all round when the check computer warned that the front pads were low. Front Pads were shot, uneven where on front disks, backs wern't great either, though no brake judder experienced before work.
Ever since the new disks and pads have been on the car, under moderate to heavy braking a slight judder can be felt (not through pedal). I used parts from German & swedish, not the cheapest they had either.
:1zhelp:
Anyone got any ideas? no waring lights on dash i.e ABS. It's really starting to annoy me....

guyg
24-04-2007, 08:29 PM
It's still possible for new discs to be warped. See if you can borrow a dial guage from somewhere and check the discs on the hubs and see if there's any variance.

Also check suspension links and bushes.

Cheers

Guy

Lex
25-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the advise, I have a dial guage and will check run out on the discs. However, would have expected feedback through pedal if the discs are warpped. I will Also check suspension links and bushes.