PDA

View Full Version : Idiot guide req how to change injector loom

PETER G
02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Does anyone have an idiot guide in how to change the injector loom on a passat 1.9 tdi (2003) and how easy is it to do??????

:beerchug:

Hex69
02-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Does anyone have an idiot guide in how to change the injector loom on a passat 1.9 tdi (2003) and how easy is it to do??????

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8359&highlight=injector+loom

PETER G
02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Do I need to change the gasket on the rocker box & if so how much does it cost for the gasket (part No if poss). have just bought the loom, now to fit, but do not want to start without everything to hand.
The guy at TPS quoted £90 for the gasket, surely that cant be right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kenney
02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
You do not have to replace the gasket

PCDoctor
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Pete

I felt a little like you and believe me just crack on

If you let the guy at the garage do it and you watch him do it you will ohnestly feel like you have wasted your money

I Did mine in 2 hours taking my time.....

Yes the hardest bit is taking the old one out at the rear of the block and putting it back in but life aint meant to be to easy

If you have got a second person to help you it would be good as they can wipe your brow and hold some of the pipes out of the way at the back :p

PETER G
12-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks all,
Changed the loom on Saturday with the help of my brother, neither of us are mechanics, but definately needed a second set of hands. Job took 1 1/2 hours start to finish & seems to have cured the "miss fire" when accelerating hard.

Once again many thanks to all for your advice.

rallyfreaks
13-10-2009, 08:57 AM
We've been told that my fathers 01 130TDI Sport Estate with 112k miles needs 3 new injectors. The diagnostic apparently shows this. The car is dead below 1800 revs. Already had egr valve done and turbo repaired as initially thought vains.

I'm looking at these injector loom related threads and, maybe wishful thinking, but wondering if I need the loom replaced. Could this show an injector fault code on the diagnostic.

My problem is not intermitent, but more down low. Would be keen to try replacing the loom prior to replacing injectors due to the expense involved, but dont want to do it if this wouldnt be a sympton.
Any views appreciatted

kenney
13-10-2009, 05:52 PM
A fault with the loom will show up as an injector fault code,and it goes without saying,you replace the loom before you replace the injectors

tomcio14
16-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi everyone,

I have changed the injector loom in my 1.9 AVF, trying to get rid of the missfire ( but I didn't) and the question is, the connectors you out into the incetors should click? mine didn't and it is bothering me now maybe I did it all wrong?

Thank you