PDA

View Full Version : Please Help clutch and flywheel

sabotage1
01-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi new to this forum but hope someone can help me all the same.
This is going to be a bit long winded but at the start of the week i tried to change gear but pedal wouldn,t come back up and couldn't get the car into gear, had to call out the AA they reckoned it was something to do with hydraulics now transpires i need a clutch and mass flywheel and this is going to cost somewhere in the region of £800.
The car is only 8 months out of warranty, dealership doesn't want to know and they are 30 miles away(car is undriveable), phoned skoda customer service they aren't interested either because car is not network serviced.
Been in touch with consumer direct who advised to send a letter to my finance company as they should be held responsible for repairs, the problem is i need the car back on the road and have to cash in an insurance policy to do so.
The real question is does anybody know of a good way to get the cost recovered and has anyone been successful in a similar situation and lastly would my getting the vehicle repaired diminish the chances of being compensated.
Just looking to be compensated for a problem i don't think should happen to a car of this age, by the way the car is a skoda octavia 55 plate registered in 2006 with 44000 miles on the clock.
At the end of my tether and would really appreciate some help or advice.
Thanks in advance.