PDA

View Full Version : 2.7 tdi multitronic issues.

Dtom
01-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Not sure if I have a problem really but when I accelerate the car feels like it is very slightly juddering or stuttering when I reach about 70 mph. At first I thought it was the road but the car does this on all roads. It feels like the road has very slight ridges. I think the front wheels need balancing as I also have very slight steering wheel wobble but the juddering feels like something else could be wrong. I have also noticed when driving at speed on the motorway that when I decelerate and then accelerate I can feel a "bump" as the car starts to speed up, a bit like taking up the slack in the gears. Is this normal for a multitronic?

Thanks for any advice

David

B19RAK
01-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Is the wheel shaking or does it feel like its coming from just in front of you but under the car?

My Multi is super smooth, yours should be even better with that engine.

steven c
02-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Not sure if I have a problem really but when I accelerate the car feels like it is very slightly juddering or stuttering when I reach about 70 mph. At first I thought it was the road but the car does this on all roads. It feels like the road has very slight ridges. I think the front wheels need balancing as I also have very slight steering wheel wobble but the juddering feels like something else could be wrong. I have also noticed when driving at speed on the motorway that when I decelerate and then accelerate I can feel a "bump" as the car starts to speed up, a bit like taking up the slack in the gears. Is this normal for a multitronic?

Thanks for any advice

David

I have the same car but don't experience the same problem.