PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioner

noshock65
24-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Hello new bloke here

This sounds daft but I cant seem to get the air con to blow cold as in other cars I`ve had. It heats fine and is comfortable at 18c but when I put it onto " Lo" it blows forever without feeling cold. Had the car, A4 2.0fsi, for a few weeks and only just tried to use in anger as the weather has warmed up. Manual has been hammered so I know its set up ok (econ button off). 54,000 on clock although its due its 3rd long-life service soon.

Any helpers out there ?

cheers noshockadvised

RickT
24-04-2007, 03:51 PM
It will require a re-gas... over the years these leak..

About £60 should sort it..

Have a look in the yellow pages..

RicKT

noshock65
24-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Cheers Rick I`ll give it a try.

RamFan
12-10-2007, 02:16 AM
I'm having the same problem as 99.99% of just about every thread I have read so far on the subject of econ light light staying on and can't get cold air, Ive had my A4 about three weeks and am chuffed to bits with it, this problem occured about 2 days ago and I am well pleased I found you lot, your information and Knowledge has already been invaluable....I'm going to take the advice of RickT and go for the re-gas first, as he says it's got to be done sooner or later anyway, then take it from there, next step if that dont work will be HPS....Ill let you Know how I get on, Thanks again......

The Glove
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Had mine re-gassed in a couple of months back as had the same problem when I brought mine, worth every penny, cold as ice now.... with the right temp setting of course! ;)

With all these things its worth shopping round, prices varied, got it for £52 inc VAT in the end... garage was doing a season special, to use his words "there's not been much demand this summer"

kiwibeef
12-10-2007, 12:36 PM
the main reason a/c in cars loses gas is due to the shaft seal leaking - it dries out when the a/c isn't used. You can prevent this by running it for 15mins once a week. If you need to have the system recharged make sure they fix the leak,and you shouldn't have to regas it again-not ever!

mluton
12-10-2007, 12:41 PM
If you have a climate system, just leave it switched on all the time to get the best out of your system.:)

kiwibeef
12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
hmm, ture to a point. though in winter the compressor won't be running, I'd be setting it on "lo" just to make sure the thing kicks in.

RickT
12-10-2007, 11:44 PM
I am well pleased I found you lot, your information and Knowledge has already been invaluable....I'm going to take the advice of RickT and go for the re-gas first, as he says it's got to be done sooner or later anyway, then take it from there, next step if that dont work will be HPS....Ill let you Know how I get on, Thanks again......

How did you get on with this?? Did you get it solved?

Rick

RamFan
13-10-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm going to do the shop around for prices on a re-gas next week, I'll let you know what sort of quotes I get, £52 sounds like a good price to me though.
Just one other item I'm abit concerned about my ESP warning lamp came on the other day whilst driving, it stayed on for about minute then went of, I had just been round a series of tight corners but the manual says it flashes on and of in adverse driving conditions but it wasn't really flashing it just stayed on for a while.....any thoughts?

:confused:

Steve Cassidy
29-11-2007, 10:45 PM
My A4 Cab 1.8T had regas by agent costing about £85.00. Two months later econ light came on again, so back to agent who informed me I had leaking condenser. The cost: a mere £600.00. So brought a new con for £75.00, taking a morning to fit, and a regas at Ebley tyres who are a subsidary of Quikfit for abut £50.00. The hardest job is working out how to get the bumper off.