PDA

View Full Version : Touran - All interior lights not working

Supaclip
24-04-2007, 09:15 AM
I have recently purchased a 2004 Touran 2.0TDi Sport. All was well when purchased it but a few weeks later all the interior lights stopped working. By 'all' I mean all lights in the roof and the interior lights in the boot but not the lights in the lower of the doors. I'm not sure if this is somthing simple like a master setting like on my BMW where you can permanently turn off interior lights by holding down a button for three seconds. the lights then remain off permanently until reactivated in a similar way. Alternatively maybe it's a blown fuse or possibly light control module problem. Has anyone come across this problem or got any suggestions?

pinky146
15-05-2007, 09:42 PM
we have the same problem with our touran but we are missing a switch and we are hoping it is this. would love to know if you have managed to fix this problem yet.

Supaclip
16-05-2007, 09:16 AM
No, the interior lights still don't work. What switch are you missing?

pinky146
18-05-2007, 05:37 PM
we're missing the switch that moves from left to right positioned in front of the front reading light. our door lights work like you but the boot lights, ceiling lights, sun visor lights and glove box lights don't work. really frustrating. i went in to volkswagon today and was told they couldn't order the missing switch until they had taken it in and investigated the problem which would cost about 90 something pounds. i hoped they'd heard of it before but they hadn't. we had a problem with our bmw once and we reset in on a diagnostic machine (i think! can you tell i'm female??!!) and had no more problems after that so i'm wondering if that will be worth a try. will let you know if we come across a solution, until then we're well and truely in the dark!

pinky146
24-06-2007, 03:59 PM
we found out what the problem was with the interior lights. a fuse had gone, we replaced the fuse which was number 46 and now they all work again. the roof lights, boot light and glove compartment all come on again. hope this helps.:biglaugh:

nickbd
02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
just a quick note:
the door marking lights and the rest of the cockpit lights are on two different circuits.
the main cockpit lights are connected to the latching mechanism in the doors (if no push switch is on the door frame) and to the ignition switch.
The door lights are connected directly to the lock mechanisms.
i know you've solved the problem but if it ever happens again or other lights stop working this may help?

pinky146
02-07-2007, 03:56 PM
thanks, i don't really understand it but will bare it in mind in case they go again and ask a man to translate! ;)